Archery Talk Forum banner

New Hoyt Excel riser?

2087 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  bowhunter3762
Anyone shot one of these yet?

Mark
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
745 Posts
I have a 23" Excel. I've had it for several weeks now. I'm barebow shooter so my opinion may not be the same as an Oly style shooter. I don't string or facewalk but shoot a instinctive/ gap style.

I really like it. I don't really care for a very heavy riser. This one is light, responsive, and easy to point. I'm shooting app. 59-60 pound limbs and I don't get any excessive vibration or shock. Initially I had some vibration but after spending some time adjusting tiller and limb timing I've gotten it shooting pretty soft.

The fit and finish on mine is pretty nice. It doesn't have any limb alignment features. It has a single stab bushing but, for me, that doesn't make much difference. I think it is a fairly nice entry level FITA riser or a great barebow/ trad riser. The number of trad guys interested in the 21" version is pretty high. Great choice for someone interested in try ILF equipment at a great price.

· Registered
1,287 Posts
a couple of the kids I work with have them and they are nice. Slimed down grip. You can adjust limb weight but as Angela says there is no direct limb alignment mechanism for ILF limbs. We did find out we had to re-tap all the holes for sights, plunger and stabilizer.

· Registered
38,292 Posts
We did find out we had to re-tap all the holes for sights, plunger and stabilizer.
Were they all painted or powder coated over?

· Registered
2,765 Posts
We also had to re-tap the plunger holes.
Same here the plunger hole was caked up with the finish.
But over all it was easy to set up and tune. 1 other dislike is the grip but a simple fix my 2 cents.
John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.