Archery Talk Forum banner

101 - 120 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
I wonder how someone would mount a tightspot or other sight mounted quiver on one of these if using the rail system for the sight?
In the video it shows a quiver mounted on the riser I believe.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
It’s good
477 Posts
The “chode” stab mount and picatinny sight mounts are the only thing exciting about this bow to me. Those two innovations make sense in theory and has the possibility of moving bow improvement forward.

like others, I’m real disappointed in the shims & cams. Eww.
You like Chodes? Hmmm. I spent some time with this bow today, the chode does make it better “lessons vibration” but it’s ugly as hell & bow heavy. People gave Mathews crap for them being boat anchors, this is heavier than my vxr 31.5. I don’t see anybody shooting this bow and thinking that 2” nub is sufficient as a stabilizer “that part is a marketing gimmick”.

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
If the hushin video is any indication of the draw cycle, it’s not good. You can tell it looks like a very stiff front end on that draw cycle and not very smooth. You could see it being a little jumpy throughout the cycle as well. Not looking good
I had an axius ultra and my bow was super stiff. I think I was in the minority with how mine felt apparently, but I didn’t like it. It was very stiff up front and felt 10# heavier than actual draw weight. My xpedite nxt is way smoother and easier to draw than the axius ultra. I can only imagine a 30” now and how it will stack hard up front
That's odd, I thought the Axius Ultra I shot all last summer for 3D was VERY smooth and easy to draw. It was a #2 cam and I really liked that bow.

I like a bow that stacks early and transitions into the valley smoother. Like the Evolve cams or Elite Tri Track cams. I felt the Axius Ultra was close to those two. Not quite as smooth of a transition but not bad at all.

Can't wait to try the new Ventum tomorrow. I got to handle the New Bowtechs today and was not impressed at all.

·
Registered
12,133 Posts
I can see their direction in shedding weight. The chubby acts as a standard 7" stabilizer. Coupled with the new sight system you shed total weight on a completely rigged out bow. The Mach 1 is much lighter out of the box but it looks like using their new sight system and the little chubby as your stab sheds weight on a total rigged out setup compared the the previous RX bows. I'll be curious to see what one weighs when rigged completely out vs an older RX bow. I suspect you are going to see the rigged out RX5 somewhere near 1/2 pound lighter than previous RX iterations. It looks stupid but it may very well be functional.

Either way....I'll stick with my old heavy "outdated, inferior" hybrid RX4 Ultra.

·
Registered
It’s good
477 Posts
That's odd, I thought the Axius Ultra I shot all last summer for 3D was VERY smooth and easy to draw. It was a the #2 cam and I really liked that bow.

I like a bow that stacks early and transitions into the valley smoother. Like the Evolve cams or Elite Tri Track cams. I felt the Axius Ultra was close to those two. Not quite as smooth of a transition but not bad at all.

Can't wait to try the new Ventum tomorrow. I got to handle the New Bowtechs today and was not impressed at all.
Agree on Bowtech, I saw two of them today not enough change for me to even consider

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
Tuning,,,,,take axles out ...supply shop with spacers,,NO thx...Time too order a Bowtech
Why is that a problem?

Some of you guys act like shimming is the end of the world. It's really very easy, even with the tiny plastic shims on a PSE. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Has Hoyt just owned their obese carbon bow weight or does the rx5 weigh an additional .4lbs heavier than advertised like the last 3 RX bows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Is the advertised mass weights of the bows with or without the 2" nub/ chub stabilizer?

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
14,861 Posts
Is the advertised mass weights of the bows with or without the 2" nub/ chub stabilizer?
Apparently without. There's a post that shows the RX5 weighs over 5# with a chubby.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
There was a period of time where I shot Hoyt exclusively. Haven't been interested in their stuff in years - just hasn't measured up. This lineup does look interesting though. The Ventum 33 has a lot going for it - will be interested to learn more and maybe get a chance to shoot it.
At the shop right now. Tech is setting up a Ventum 33 and a Elite Enkore for me as we speak. Both will be at 29/70.

·
Registered
18,971 Posts
Apparently without. There's a post that shows the RX5 weighs over 5# with a chubby.
They have the audacity to call their bows lightweight:
Engineered with patented hollow-carbon tubes for lightweight smoothness and efficiency, no other riser is stronger or more nimble than a REDWRX. Carbon RX-5 gets some serious upgrades for 2021.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Is Hoyt still using the cheap crappy film dip finish for their camo bows?
They have a Ventum 30 in the shop in real tree and it still has the old film dip

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I like the specs and design. although the new stabilizer looks like a bow penis.

101 - 120 of 194 Posts