Archery Talk Forum banner

121 - 140 of 194 Posts

·
Shootin and Cussin
23,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Has been my biggest concern since told going to a new cam system. I work in a shop I can't be doing every single one of these bows.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
We have been selling binary cam bows almost since they came out and there have been very few, from any manufacturer, that required shimming.

Reactions: lee31

·
Full Time Novice
7,250 Posts
We have been selling binary cam bows almost since they came out and there have been very few, from any manufacturer, that required shimming.
From what brand ? The more affordable bowtechs are always shooting outside.

·
Shootin and Cussin
23,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Now this I would love to hear the outcome of. 2 bows that I look forward to shooting along with Nexus 4.
The Nexus 4 is the best bow Prime has ever built IMHO.

·
Shootin and Cussin
23,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
From what brand ? The more affordable bowtechs are always shooting outside.

Elite mostly but we work on everything under the sun.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think Xpedition has the most interesting line up this year and wouldn’t be surprised if they funnel some of hoyts business. Lighter. Faster. Yokes. No chode 🤷🏻‍♂️

This is of course assuming the X bows have a decent draw cycle and reach the advertised IBO.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think Xpedition has the most interesting line up this year and wouldn’t be surprised if they funnel some of hoyts business. Lighter. Faster. Yokes. No chode

This is of course assuming the X bows have a decent draw cycle and reach the advertised IBO.
Same here hopefully shooting 1 this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,409 Posts
they look like sweet bows.... nothing that gets me excited, but i bet they are gonna be popular. both look good, like the new colors, certainly some "Mathews influence" in these bows. they went the wrong direction for my taste, but still want to shoot the new cam. i know people talk crap about the RX cams the last few years, but they were great drawing cams with a good valley/backwall and produced acceptable speeds.... hope this new cam doesn't change that for the sake of bringing something new.

if i was buying a Hoyt next month, it would be an rx-4 ultra.... not an rx-5... maybe shooting one will change my mind, but i like yolks, even if it's not new and shiny

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Look forward to hearing your feedback!
Well I will say both of those bows are awesome. The Hoyt ventum 33 was drawing 71lbs and the Elite Enkore was at 70.5. Both at 29.5 inches. Draw cycle is good on both but the Hoyt feels a decent bit lighter. Like at least 2lbs lighter.
Vibration again Hoyt wins this. I really couldn’t tell much difference with or without Hoyts little chub stabilizer. It’s just dead in the hand. The Elite is also pretty shock free but not as shock free as the Hoyt. As far as noise goes they are both really quiet and I couldn’t tell much of a difference.
Speed we shot a 427 grain Carbon Express Maxima 350 through the Pro Chrono chronograph. We shot three arrows out of each bow. Both bows had a whisker biscuit and a loop. The Elite was 297,298,297 and the Hoyt was 291,290,292.
Weight, we weighed each bow with the whisker biscuit. The Elite was 4.9lbs and the Hoyt was 5lbs with out the little chub stabilizer. I believe the tech said the little stabilizer weighed 3.5 ounces.
Before I went to the shop I really thought I would be ordering a new Elite Enkore. But I’m really liking the new Hoyt Ventum 33. I have to go back to the shop Friday night to get new cams for my Ritual 35 and will probably be ordering a Ventum 33 in Buckskin.
Disclaimer these are my findings and opinions. I’m sure some others opinions will vary. But Hoyt did a heck of a job on their new Aluminum bows. Their Carbon bows don’t do it for me so I didn’t even bother to shot them even though the tech asked me 2-3 times if I wanted to. I know they won’t be as easy/fast to tune as the new Elites. But they are really nice and I bet they sell a lot of them. Also one thing I don’t care for is the lack of a bushing for a rear bar in the Hoyt. You have to buy their rear bar mount.

·
Registered
10,373 Posts
Lee31, how did the valley on the Hoyt compare to the Elite?

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,343 Posts
Well I will say both of those bows are awesome. The Hoyt ventum 33 was drawing 71lbs and the Elite Enkore was at 70.5. Both at 29.5 inches. Draw cycle is good on both but the Hoyt feels a decent bit lighter. Like at least 2lbs lighter.
Vibration again Hoyt wins this. I really couldn’t tell much difference with or without Hoyts little chub stabilizer. It’s just dead in the hand. The Elite is also pretty shock free but not as shock free as the Hoyt. As far as noise goes they are both really quiet and I couldn’t tell much of a difference.
Speed we shot a 427 grain Carbon Express Maxima 350 through the Pro Chrono chronograph. We shot three arrows out of each bow. Both bows had a whisker biscuit and a loop. The Elite was 297,298,297 and the Hoyt was 291,290,292.
Weight, we weighed each bow with the whisker biscuit. The Elite was 4.9lbs and the Hoyt was 5lbs with out the little chub stabilizer. I believe the tech said the little stabilizer weighed 3.5 ounces.
Before I went to the shop I really thought I would be ordering a new Elite Enkore. But I’m really liking the new Hoyt Ventum 33. I have to go back to the shop Friday night to get new cams for my Ritual 35 and will probably be ordering a Ventum 33 in Buckskin.
Disclaimer these are my findings and opinions. I’m sure some others opinions will vary. But Hoyt did a heck of a job on their new Aluminum bows. Their Carbon bows don’t do it for me so I didn’t even bother to shot them even though the tech asked me 2-3 times if I wanted to. I know they won’t be as easy/fast to tune as the new Elites. But they are really nice and I bet they sell a lot of them. Also one thing I don’t care for is the lack of a bushing for a rear bar in the Hoyt. You have to buy their rear bar mount.
Thanks for the feedback! Not surprised the draw cycle feels a bit easier on the Hoyt given performance diff. 2 pounds is about 4 fps and the Enkore is outperforming by 6+ fps so that makes sense.

How did the grips compare in your opinion? When I shot the Enkore it was clear to me elite has the best grip on the market - but I obviously haven't handled the new Hoyts so don't know how they compare.

As you say, certain tuning isn't a strong point on the new Hoyts. The Elite and Bowtech tuning options are heads above everyone else without question. And I agree and have commented on the terrible approach Hoyt took on the rear stab mount. To not have a normal bushing and instead be required to buy some Hoyt mount (which may not even be great quality but in any case doesn't fit my preference) is almost criminal IMO.

But otherwise sounds like a decent shooting rig. Interested in checking it out at some point.

Reactions: lee31

·
Registered
10,373 Posts
I'll be honest, I could live with that Ventum 33 if it had any kind of valley. I know some people have always thought Hoyts had a face only a mother could love, but I've always liked how they looked.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Thanks for the feedback! Not surprised the draw cycle feels a bit easier on the Hoyt given performance diff. 2 pounds is about 4 fps and the Enkore is outperforming by 6+ fps so that makes sense.

How did the grips compare in your opinion? When I shot the Enkore it was clear to me elite has the best grip on the market - but I obviously haven't handled the new Hoyts so don't know how they compare.

As you say, certain tuning isn't a strong point on the new Hoyts. The Elite and Bowtech tuning options are heads above everyone else without question. And I agree and have commented on the terrible approach Hoyt took on the rear stab mount. To not have a normal bushing and instead be required to buy some Hoyt mount (which may not even be great quality but in any case doesn't fit my preference) is almost criminal IMO.

But otherwise sounds like a decent shooting rig. Interested in checking it out at some point.
It comes down to personal preference for grips. I have a Ritual 35 and a Helix ultra. So I’m used to both grips. I probably do prefer the Elite grip a little more. But Hoyt has always had a good grip and I get along with either grip.

Reactions: Predator

·
Gold Supporting Archer
9,750 Posts
Remember those fighting headlines, lead or get out of the way, or catch us if you can ??? Hoyt should use the phrase,,,following the pack.

I simply cannot reason to myself why I would buy a Hoyt's entry year of a new cam system. Last time I did that I ended up with a abortion from K&K bows.

If I buy a new bow this year, it will be a PSE being they have been using this system for several years and have it far more advanced than Hoyt does for sure.

Whoever is leading Hoyt today should just turn in your resignation papers, you are STUPID !

121 - 140 of 194 Posts