Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got a area to hunt and I've read on here that you should have a good aerial photo and topo map. The only thing about this area is that it is all flat so a topo map doesn't help much. plus the fact I don't know how to read them anyway. I'm new to aerial photos too. how do you read these besides just looking at the picture? I put the pic I found from my topo on here to get suggestions on how to read this any maybe potencial stand sights. I have outlined the area I can hunt with the open field being front half oats( if you cut it in half from north to south) and the other alfalfa. what do you guys think?? hunt area 1.JPG I will be scouting the area as soon as the rain here stops but i just thought I'd put it on here to see what you guys think!!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Corners and funnels

I'd look at the inside corners of the where the woods meet the fields and definately check out the long strip of woods connecting the two large wood lots. That appears it would be a great travel corridor especially as the rut approaches and the bucks are cruising.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts