Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something ate all the buds on our flowers and the little lady wondered what in the world ate them, I looked and said deer ate them, put the trail cam on my big ceder tree and caught this well fed doe coming back for the new growth .. lol

deer in yard.jpg

·
Banned
35,283 Posts
I was riding through the next big town with my family 3 pm bigger town and my daughter says dad there’s a deer I almost said it’s a statue but I saw it chewing right in the front yard of this house middle of the day eating flowers out of the flowerbed.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Leave the porch door open....you may have a shot from the reclining chair !

·
Registered
11,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
she works it ..lol
The big ceder tree would be good

deer in yard 2.jpg

snow house 2018.jpg

·
Huntoholic
10,772 Posts
I agree Randy,, the tactical choice would be the cedar, but whatever anything is fair game when it's freezer meat, that is if baiting is legal in NC,,,,, :dontknow:

·
Bringer of truth
14,908 Posts
the ceder tree and a few cinder blocks...would be keeping it real.

Maybe even a hammer and gillie suit

·
Registered
11,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you guys got me laughing !!, I'm home for 3 weeks with a blowd back and I've thought about everything from roping her from the roof to hiding in the truck ... lol

·
Huntoholic
10,772 Posts
Sorry to hear about yer back Randy,, hope it aint something that is going to reappear, bad back's are ,ore than a pain! I hope yer ready to wrangle her soon!

·
Registered
21,712 Posts
Hope you get to feeling better soon. My wives grandpa was a big fox hunter. He didnt kill them just ran them with dogs. Ages ago they drove a school bus up the hollow and made a fox hunters den out of it. Well it had rusted about down floor was gone but it was in a great place to kill a deer. I laid a sheet of plywood down on the frame and used a bag chair. Ended up killing a nice deer from it one rainy day lol.

You saying you thought about setting in the truck reminded me of that LOL.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Hope your back gets better Randy. I have a lot of deer around where I live, unfortunately my GSD won’t let any strange animals in the yard. Lol!

·
Registered
11,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks guys, the old back don't heal as quick as it used to , and yep will I think I would end up going for a heck of a ride if I roped her ..

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Can't beat that hunting spot, Randy, you wont have to walk that far.....Good luck with the back issue!!!!!

Mike

·
Registered
11,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ty Mike... getting old sucks, I think I can do things that I used to but cant ...lol

·
Huntoholic
10,772 Posts
ty Mike... getting old sucks, I think I can do things that I used to but cant ...lol
Sure you can, don't sell yourself short,, just gotta realize, there will be consequences,,,,, :help:

Your right Randy,, get'n old suck's,, but giving up on what we love because of it suck's even more,, so I always thank God I am not facing the other choice over getting Old,, and continually lie and tell myself,, HELL YA!,,,, you can do that,,,,,,,, :wink:

·
Registered
11,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So true catter, I think I really put my back through it 2 weeks ago while offshore fishing, I took the week off and went with 2 different buddies for 5 days and tried to work afterwards and it just kept gettin worse , Dr. wrote me out of work for 3 weeks and said it's not going to heal if you keep doing damage to it so it's a little down time for me.

·
outback1
5,057 Posts
Randy ,with the invasion from the North the only place left to hunt is in the yard!:wink:
if your in any need of help because of your back holler.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts