Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ran into the new Hyper ZT bottom cam with cam lean ?? At full draw really noticeable.. tilted to the rh on a rh bow??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow nobody has run into this yet . I will post pics this afternoon.

·
Registered
138 Posts
in for pictures, i've seen some in our shop with lean at brace. the issue is that given the size of the bottom cam now, there is very little room to shim the bottom cam. in fact hoyt is saying to not mess with the shimming. you could have a weak limb on one side, but that would be rare these days with hoyt limbs. what is your top cam lean like at brace and full draw?

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
in for pictures, i've seen some in our shop with lean at brace. the issue is that given the size of the bottom cam now, there is very little room to shim the bottom cam. in fact hoyt is saying to not mess with the shimming. you could have a weak limb on one side, but that would be rare these days with hoyt limbs. what is your top cam lean like at brace and full draw?
Top has no lean at all.. it is #3 cam on it. I will def post pic this after noon .. when i put it on the draw board.. i was thinking limb swap after i take a closer look.. thanks for any input!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Top has no lean at all.. it is #3 cam on it. I will def post pic this after noon .. when i put it on the draw board.. i was thinking limb swap after i take a closer look.. thanks for any input!

I have a carbon defiant 34 right now. I did end up shimming my bottom cam a tiny bit to have the top and bottom completely vertical at full draw. shooting great with cams set up like that. I was going to pull the trigger on a new ultra, but not being able to tinker with shimming has held me on the fence.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pics best i can get to compare bottom to top at static and full draw!!

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i just got off the phone with Hoyt gave them total Description of what I’m saying. They said TOPxMM should be dead level bottom cam will have Lean to it. It is the way they designed it.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
The 7th picture and the last one don't look good to me. I sure hope my Double XL doesn't look like that when it comes in.

Maybe there is an optical illusion going on and it isn't as bad as the pictures make it look. But when I study the pictures, especially #7 it doesn't seem like an illusion.

That seems like very excessive cam lean to me.

What do you think about what Hoyt told you?

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 7th picture and the last one don't look good to me. I sure hope my Double XL doesn't look like that when it comes in.

Maybe there is an optical illusion going on and it isn't as bad as the pictures make it look. But when I study the pictures, especially #7 it doesn't seem like an illusion.

I think it is alot more than my rx-1 but I will compare it tomorrow.. But all the ad say the bow shoots best right down the middle so I’m gonna find out I will finish it up on Sunday maybe tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

It really looks that way!! May swap limbs on the bottom.!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well i just got off the phone with Hoyt gave them total Description of what I’m saying. They said TOPxMM should be dead level bottom cam will have Lean to it. It is the way they designed it.

I would like to think Hoyt did not design the bottom cam to hit the draw stops like that... If that were my bow, I would shim the bottom cam over to the right, enough to have the split ends of the buss cable contact the bottom cam draw stop pegs in the dead center of the stops.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would like to think Hoyt did not design the bottom cam to hit the draw stops like that... If that were my bow, I would shim the bottom cam over to the right, enough to have the split ends of the buss cable contact the bottom cam draw stop pegs in the dead center of the stops.
That is what i did last night.. now the stops hit square. Going to swap limbs when i get home.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Have you determined how well he bow shoots and tunes before messing with it? From your posts it seems like you’re trying to fix a problem before one exists.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have you determined how well he bow shoots and tunes before messing with it? From your posts it seems like you’re trying to fix a problem before one exists.

Bow shoot well. The thread started as asking if others shooting the New Hyper ZT cam has noticed excess cam lien on the bottom Cam!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts