Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on putting together a new 64" ILF recurve setup, and am planning on using a 19" riser and long limbs.

For riser I am torn between Morrison Pheonix, DAS Tribute, Tradtech Titan 3, or a Hoyt Satori riser.

For limbs I am considering DAS Dalaa, Sky Archery (same as DALAA), or Hoyt Satori limbs.

I am currently shooting a win-win RCX 17 Riser with medium inno-ex prime limbs, but because my draw length is so long, I am in need of a bigger bow.

Any suggestions would be great, let me know your opinions or alternatives that have worked for you.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What’s you DL?
31.5" I got a great deal on my other bow, and I didn't know that much about traditional shooting when I got it. Right now I am shooting 64lbs at my draw length.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
31.5" I got a great deal on my other bow, and I didn't know that much about traditional shooting when I got it. Right now I am shooting 64lbs at my draw length.

I don't notice any stacking with these limbs but my release isn't always clean because of the string angle.

·
Registered
10,858 Posts
Add in the Gillo Ghost too. Perhaps XL limbs, I think sky make them.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Take a peek at the Tribe X3. Nice narrow grip, but it's a 17" riser. I have Trad Tech longbow limbs on it and absolutely love it. I also have the Tribe Halo riser, which also has a narrow compound-ish grip, but the X3 gets my vote.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Add in the Gillo Ghost too. Perhaps XL limbs, I think sky make them.
I was thinking of the xl limbs from sky as well, and I could still use them with my 17" riser and make a 64" bow.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you're thinking of Sky limbs contact Jim Belcher and tell him the size of your riser and how you want to set it up.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Buddy of mine that works at LAS has a really nice Titan III with a set of 40# TradTech RC Extreme long limbs on it and it's a sweet shooter. I just picked up a Titan III and RC Wood 45# mediums. Been tinkering with the indoor setup too much to put the Titan III together.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I shoot a 64. Useing a Optimus 19 with win and win black wolf limbs. Awesome set up. Have you thought of using your black wolf riser with a set of extra long limbs?

Gesendet von meinem F5121 mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I shoot a 64. Useing a Optimus 19 with win and win black wolf limbs. Awesome set up. Have you thought of using your black wolf riser with a set of extra long limbs?

Gesendet von meinem F5121 mit Tapatalk
I am debating on getting extra long limbs. Is there any advantage or disadvantage to xl limbs? I already contacted Jim at sky archery and he can make them, just still debating if that's what I want to do.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I don't know if you would be better off with a longer riser with long limbs, or a slightly shorter riser with extra long limbs, or a longer riser with extra long limbs at your 31.5 draw length, but i'd be asking those questions if I were you. If Hank is available, you might talk with him, as I believe his draw length is really long like yours. Were you going to hunt with this outfit or target work? That may be another consideration. Good luck to you, and I hope you get something that fits you. Lunger

·
Archery curmudgeon
2,784 Posts
I've been shooting a Titan III for several years and I love it. My friend has a Satori and it is also good. I could see no reason to switch from the Titan though. On the higher price end a WF19 would be a good one too. Lots of Titans are around used.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't know if you would be better off with a longer riser with long limbs, or a slightly shorter riser with extra long limbs, or a longer riser with extra long limbs at your 31.5 draw length, but i'd be asking those questions if I were you. If Hank is available, you might talk with him, as I believe his draw length is really long like yours. Were you going to hunt with this outfit or target work? That may be another consideration. Good luck to you, and I hope you get something that fits you. Lunger
I am going to use this for hunting. Looking to draw 60lbs. I have been having this great debate if I should get xl limbs or a 19" riser and long limbs. I would think the xl limbs may be smoother throughout the draw cycle with less stacking, but have not heard anything to support this theory.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
For your draw length I sure wouldn't get a 19. If you ever want to go longer you have to find XL's. So I'd advise a Morrison 21 and I've shot all you mentioned.

Bowmania

1 - 20 of 31 Posts