Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, I just got a text message that is floating around in Illinois, and didn't know if anyone had any information about the picture, or if they had seen this before. Supposedly shot in IL on Oct 10, 2010. There's no tag on the deer, and something just doesn't seem right. Let me know if you have anything to add. I appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,717 Posts
the dude is still in the woods,,how soon do you need to attach the tags?
cant you snap a few natural pictures before you tag it? What is the law?

I would think as long as you dont move it you are good?

Thats a nice deer

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wow!!

·
Registered
14,717 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ib4Hoyt- Yeah you are probobly right. I never thought of it that way. Huge buck though. The text message claimed it green scored unofficially at 204 6/8. Take it for what its worth though.

·
TEAM 45 "HEART STOPPERS"
757 Posts
Was it a public land, private land or a outfitter kill... either way amazing I was just curious to see what area it may have came from

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Nice deer but you touch it you better tag it . Conservation is out in full force this season , I have been stopped 2X and had the freezer checked once already this season and it hasnt been 2 weeks since the opener . Fellas dont play around you will get caught

·
Trophy Meat Hunter
11,006 Posts
the dude is still in the woods,,how soon do you need to attach the tags?
cant you snap a few natural pictures before you tag it? What is the law?

I would think as long as you dont move it you are good?

Thats a nice deer
A quick check of the ILDNR website says a deer must be tagged before field dressing or moving the animal.

·
Registered
14,717 Posts
A quick check of the ILDNR website says a deer must be tagged before field dressing or moving the animal.
id say hes legal so far wouldn't you?

·
Trophy Meat Hunter
11,006 Posts
1 - 20 of 87 Posts