Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a new indoor range currently being built in Spooner Wisconsin, that is a full 90 meters long. This is going to be a state of the art archery facility that will be available to everyone.

Gene Moe a member of the paralympic archery team is the buildings owner and curator.

The facitily will be used for all aspects of shooting, from 20 yard indoor, to 3D, to 900 rounds, and of course full FITA capabilities.

The facility will also sport a on site dormitory, for anyone who would like to spend more than one day of shooting. Gene has been getting some great interest already from shooters all over the world, who would like to have controlled climate conditions. This facility should be a great help for us northern people who don't get a lot of time to shoot the outdoor stuff. Normally we have to shoot in the snow almost to get ready for the Arizona Cup or the Texas Shootout.

Spooner Wisconsin is about 2 hours from Minneapolis, and about 4 hours from Milwuakee. I think anyone who is planning on attending the Iowa Pro-Am next year may want to take an extra day or two and check this out.

If you would like to check out Gene's web page and see daily updates on the construction, or would just like some more info, please check out Gene's page at "www.genescustombowstrings.com

·
Registered
441 Posts
Sounds great. I wouldn't mind coming that way to check it out sometime. Are planning on hosting any type of tournaments in the facilities?

·
Registered
571 Posts
That' s what I like to see; commitment to growing the sport. Way to go Gene!

·
Occam's Razor
9,363 Posts
Dunno, $40 to shoot for 8 hours, not many will do that, heating bill alone will kill him in the winter.........sounds reasonable to me for that building. I bet if he will not even come close to covering his cost......... added business to his pro shop would be a benefit, no doubt. We need more of these to promote the sport....great shop to do this.

Just curious, how high will the ceiling have to be, never really thought about it for recurve or slow bow to make it 90 meters.............allow room for lights, etc............ck

·
Registered
517 Posts
When I talked to Gene a few days ago he said there were plans for tournaments in the new facility. I will proably be a regular at this place, not to far from home.

Mike

G

·
Funny this came up...

...and while I don't yet shoot FITA(and may never:) )...this is an EXCELLENT idea and brings up thoughts I have had for a "piece" of river property we own near town...the wife wants her retirement home built there:rolleyes:...and I'm thinking ARCHERY TRAINING COMPOUND(no pun intended for you stick shooters!!)...

...this same concept has taken over some of my thoughts about how ALL should have a place to Practice shooting or a place they can go to be Coached to a higher level at whatever form of archery they may choose...and have it "state of the art"...

...and have "housing" on campus so to speak!!...like GENE'S place!!...but for 3D, NFAA and FITA style shooters...the place is big enough for whatever ranges may need to be set indoor or out...and can accomadate whatever building size would be necessary...could this idea have merit as GENE'S surely does???...or am I an idiot for even thinking such a thing???...

...Thanks BHelland for telling us about this exciting venture...I will look forward to making the trip to check it out!!...and I cant help but believe that it will be an overwhelming success...two thumbs up for GENE!!:cool: ...way cool!!...

...the hourly rate for such a facility would be a BARGIN...BIG TIME!!...it would be worth twice that if you could find an indoor with that kind of distances and amenities available...

...my Dad always said: "it only costs a little more to go first class":cool:...

...just some thoughts...:)

G

·
CLEVER_GUY...

...after about mid December if all goes well!!...get the tickets...I'll pack my bags:cool: ...

...can you say...ROAD TRIP!!!:D ...

>>>---DD--->;)

G

·
of course...

...we'll need to stop and pick up CLAYKING...maybe OXMAN...who else is up for it???...

...TOGA...TOGA...TOGA:D ...

>>>---DD--->;)

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
take me home again,,,

MAN!! that is awesome...I've spent many days tasting the fruits of Costa Rica. - from Limon to Tamarindo and everywhere in between. Surfed my brains our at Playa Granda and Playa *****...AND now archery. Sign me up. Have a Tica waiting for me with a Rum and Pineapple juice smoothie...I'm on it!!:D

G

·
OKAY OXMAN...

...then your getting the ticket's lined up???...SWEEEEEET!!:cool: ...

...I checked out the "link" provided by the CLEVER_DUDE...I didn't see any "cabana girls"...so do we need to bring our own or what??...looks like rain gear and waders could be a necessity!!:eek: ...

...and they didnt make it to the targets because they have the WRONG COLOR equipment!!!...

...ROAD TRIP 2004...get on board!!...

>>>---DD--->:cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts