Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a place where I am able to set a an indoor range. Looking to set up for 20 and eventually get around 30 yards. Lane will be 8 yards wide 2 start and could get 12 if needed, what are somethings that would be good to start with? Probably want 1 4or target to start and add on if we get more involvement. What would be a good quality but price friendly target? Lots if questions so if anyone has done this before please let me know what I am potentially getting myself into.

·
Registered
8,598 Posts
A range open to the public/members? Insurance is a big expense, and depending on if and how you set up your governing board, additional insurance for the board members greatly increases that expense. Unless you will have it manned/have an employee, security cameras are a really good idea because despite your rules and trustworthiness of members, someone will tune broadheads in your expensive targets. Zoning may be another issue depending on your location. And, that's the short list...

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The building owner already has insurance that will cover us. My idea would be only available one night a week probably 2x a month. We have a very nice outdoor range that is owned by the city. So this would be used more for a October till the spring when the weather gets nice.

·
Registered
51,134 Posts
Public style range I would never ever consider cheap targets as you will replace them very often. A good public target is going to be $600+.
As far as the building owner having insurance nice but betting it won't cover what your wanting to do. What are you going to charge for use, running, maintaining lanes is not cheap and in most cases a lossing proposition.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I built my own private indoor range 20' wide by 90' long and installed 4 Bigshot targets for ~$600 each. Each weigh around 400lbs. Lightening is also key as you should install diffuse lighting so your arrows do not cast a shadow down the target. Paper targets are also an expense just bought mixed 500 for reduced cost. Keeping it heated in the winter and cool in the summer are significant so make sure you take that into account.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts