Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished this one up. It's not as good as anybody else's but I like it. The two mosaic pins are made out of two pieces of a carbon arrow that I killed my first archery deer with, and three nails from my late grandmothers house. This one will be my new primary skinning knife, and has some sentimental value as well. Comments are welcome, as well as critiques.
Please excuse the POOR picture, I took these with my old 3megapixel camera.
Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Good job! The fact that the knife is built with memories makes it truly one of a kind:thumbs_up

·
R.I.P.
29,113 Posts
Great looking knife, but might I suggest a steeper choil? Your front finger might get cut on the blade as it is, not a good thing when you are skinning or field dressing a deer.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Love the sentimental stuff! Good job.

·
Registered
123 Posts
nice work dude!:thumbs_up

·
Registered
629 Posts
Great looking knife, but might I suggest a steeper choil? Your front finger might get cut on the blade as it is, not a good thing when you are skinning or field dressing a deer.
I agree, you may want to file the back 1/4" (at least) dull. Nothing sucks more than slicing your self open with deer blood all over your hands. Looks good other than that:thumbs_up

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree, you may want to file the back 1/4" (at least) dull. Nothing sucks more than slicing your self open with deer blood all over your hands. Looks good other than that:thumbs_up
You can't tell from the photo, but I did leave the very back of the edge dull, I just filed it to look like a smooth line. It's no 1/4", but maybe like 1/8 or 5/32".
Thanks for looking and the comments.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts