Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started out with a some 28# WNS Explore W1 limbs and I'm ready to move up and was thinking of upgrading a little, but still within a "beginner's budget" of around $150. Currently looking at either the WNS Delta C3 (Lancaster recommendation) or the TradTech Black Max 2.0 limbs.. but I'm getting conflicting stories about the poundage ratings for the Black Max line. Lancaster claims they are rated on 17" risers.. so I would loose about 10 lbs (40# limbs would pull at about 30#) but I've seen reports that the poundage is now rated for 25" but Lancaster hasn't updated their info.

Shooting a Spig Club 650 with a 28" draw length and would like to move up to 32-35# limbs.

·
Civil but Disobedient
7,247 Posts
If you are truly shooting barebow with a 25 inch riser then I would go with the WNS limbs. The Black Max are specifically marketed for shorter risers. There is no need to deal with the poundage uncertainty. There is no guarantee that the usual rule of thumb will work.

I had 3 Rivers string up some tradtech longbow limbs on three different 25 inch risers, and they all came out at different poundages, and not what is normally predicted.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you are truly shooting barebow with a 25 inch riser then I would go with the WNS limbs. The Black Max are specifically marketed for shorter risers. There is no need to deal with the poundage uncertainty. There is no guarantee that the usual rule of thumb will work.

I had 3 Rivers string up some tradtech longbow limbs on three different 25 inch risers, and they all came out at different poundages, and not what is normally predicted.
Thanks!
I had a feeling that might be the case from what info I have been able to gather from other sources.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I’m shooting 30# Galaxy Silver Star limbs on a 650 riser and am very satisfied. I have no reason to step up from them. They are in your price range

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I have 2 Tradtech limbs of different lengths and weights I use on a 19” riser and a 25” risers. I like the way they shoot but the draw weights vary from what I expected them to be. One runs true to expectations the other does not.
Suggestions:
If you want Tradtech limbs have Lancaster weight them on the riser you have and at the draw length you shoot. If you prefer limbs bolts in or out the math can get tricky. Lancaster in the past was and likely still is well known for getting you the exact fit. Very little if any difference from the less expensive Black Max and the more expensive RCs.
Nick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts