Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My favorite bow, my Omen with Human Skulz camo has a big splinter on the top right limb. After not having any luck locating new limbs with that camo, I remembered that I had a brand new set of 60 pound limbs for my Dominator. Someone on here said they could be used in the Omen and that seemed to make sense because they are the same length and profile. So I swapped them out last night and it shots pretty nice, I have it turned down to about 50 pounds.
Here is my question, the paperwork says for the bottom limbs, higher number goes on the cable side, on top limbs, higher number goes on string side. All 4 of the new limbs are #25, the other numbers are, bottom limbs 148,43. Top limbs are 146,48. (Both bottom limbs were marked at factory with a white dot)
Does any of this sound right to anybody?

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
It wouldn't be how I'd configure them...that being said have you tried to tune the bow and how much cam lean do you have on bottom?

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It wouldn't be how I'd configure them...that being said have you tried to tune the bow and how much cam lean do you have on bottom?
That's what I'm asking, how would you configure them? PSE reps and dealer said that the two limb with the white dots on them are bottom limbs. Then the numbers on them tell you which side of the cams to place the limbs. I'm open for suggestions.

I haven't tuned it yet, only shot it about 25 times in my shop. The bottom cam is very straight. I'm going to shoot it this afternoon at 20 yards at the indoor range. It was only 1 degree outside this morning, so I'm not shooting outside.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
That's what I'm asking, how would you configure them? PSE reps and dealer said that the two limb with the white dots on them are bottom limbs. Then the numbers on them tell you which side of the cams to place the limbs. I'm open for suggestions.

I haven't tuned it yet, only shot it about 25 times in my shop. The bottom cam is very straight. I'm going to shoot it this afternoon at 20 yards at the indoor range. It was only 1 degree outside this morning, so I'm not shooting outside.
The dots were something they were doing for a while then stopped doing it...I would imagine it got confusing since the same limbs can often be used on several different model bows.

The way I've done my bows from that time frame is stiffest top string, weakest top cable. Middle 2 on the bottom and preferably they are the same number or only 1 or 2 apart.

So with what you have for numbers that would be:

148-143
146-148

But; if your bottom cam is straight and it stays straight till full draw then cant do any better than that.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a quick drawing showing why I put the limbs where I put them. I might be wrong, but I thought I was following the directions right.
If any of you think they should be in a different location, please share your thoughts.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The dots were something they were doing for a while then stopped doing it...I would imagine it got confusing since the same limbs can often be used on several different model bows.

The way I've done my bows from that time frame is stiffest top string, weakest top cable. Middle 2 on the bottom and preferably they are the same number or only 1 or 2 apart.

So with what you have for numbers that would be:

148-143
146-148

But; if your bottom cam is straight and it stays straight till full draw then cant do any better than that.
I didn't know they ignore the white spots now.

Those aren't the numbers I have. Mine are 146-48 and 148-43

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
your top limbs are reversed the stiffer goes on the left (string) side.

If you have no lean on the bottom cam at brace or full draw then I'd leave the bottom limbs alone.
On all of mine though the bottom 2 limbs had to be closer together or else the bottom left would flex too much during the draw and give me a bunch of lean at full draw.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
your top limbs are reversed the stiffer goes on the left (string) side.

If you have no lean on the bottom cam at brace or full draw then I'd leave the bottom limbs alone.
On all of mine though the bottom 2 limbs had to be closer together or else the bottom left would flex too much during the draw and give me a bunch of lean at full draw.
I have my stiffer limb on the string side, the 146 limb. Right? Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, now I understand NY12020, I didn't realize that all deflection numbers should be a 3-digit number.

I emailed one of the techs at PSE.

PSE email.png

·
Registered
251 Posts

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 17 of 17 Posts