Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Bowtech BT-Mag X goes out to 34". I saw one at my shop Saturday night, Went up and shot it today. Extremely nice draw cycle, no humps at all in the comfort setting, and it has decent speed (320 FPS). In the performance setting it draws a little stiffer, but still not harsh, and I got (343 FPS) out of it. Extremely nice grip, very narrow with just wood sideplates, and quite comfortable. The split limbs ae different to say the least. They start out thin at the pockets, get thicker in the center, get thin again before the cam, and taper the thickness up again at the axel. The edges have a nice rounded edge to it. I'll try to post some pictures later, going to shoot it right now. I really like the two holes for rest mounting, I don't need a overdraw with this one for my 29" arrows. The speeds I got were at 32.5" draw, pep, kisser and loop on the string, with 350 grain arrows at 65#. At 34" draw, this bow is rated 360, a little like a Full Throttle for long draw guys, something I've been waiting on for years!!!!! I'm NOT a Bowtech fan, PSE and Hoyt bows were my favorites, but this is one sweet bow, we will find out about possible limb issues, if any, on this model quickly.--Cheers--BB

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
I really like the new limbs they are putting on the BT-Mag X and the Reign this year. The limbs are solid one piece apposed to the glued together multi layer limbs that were on the BT-Mag and Reigns last year. Like you said, nice rounded edges look great.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
At 323 fps IBO, it's not comparable to a Full Throttle at 370 fps IBO.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At 323 fps IBO, it's not comparable to a Full Throttle at 370 fps IBO.
I kinda already knew this, I was making reference to a long draw speed bow. Not many of them around, if any, that go over the 340 mark. Not that I really care, but it's nice to have a bow that can shoot heavy arrows for hunting at a decent speed without heavy poundage. My hunting arrows are around 470 grains.--BB

·
Registered
478 Posts
Congrats Bourbon Boy. 4000 posts and just shot a Bowtech?, dude... Refuse to follow.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats Bourbon Boy. 4000 posts and just shot a Bowtech?, dude... Refuse to follow.
I have had almost every make of bow made, except APA and Bowtech. After reading all the limb explosions, I never looked at Bowtech bows. I do know not to believe half of what you read, but I was always a little cautious about them. Now it seems they have got it together, or at least I hope so. I like this bow more than any I have ever shot, it's that good. I will "refuse to follow" more in the future!--BB

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Good to see another LD option. The CPXL had an issue in the 32" setting so I never shot one. If I didn't like my Perfexion so much, I might try one, but don't know how a draw could be better and the Xpedition is the quietest and most vibration free bow that I have ever shot. It also has a better IBO rating even though that's not really important to me. Thanks for review.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts