Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THe new Magnock pin set up looks great. But I didn't think that they would cost 1/3 of the price of a doz Navigators. I hope they hold up. Do they come with the replacement warranty like the nocks do?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Hornet,

Most people don;t realize that they will never need to buy a pin again. Yes, they are more expensive than say an easton pin, but everyone I have talked to that is shooting the easton pins are on their 3rd or 4th dozen pins because they have bent so many. Let's see...4 dozen pins @ $12.00 - 15.00 per dozen....that alone is a set of Ti pins. All the Magnock parts come with an unconditional lifetime guarantee against manufacturing defects or damage cause by normal use, wear and tear or breakage from “Robinhoods” and strikes from other arrows. This includes nocks and the new Ti pins. They do hold up very well. I am still trying to bend one and I don't think it can be done. FYI, yes I am a shooter for magnock, but I do not get these Ti pins for free. I pay just like everyone else does and I bought 2 dozen right away. :) For those of you shooting the pins that bend there is a solution, so why not just buy the Ti pin and be done with it instead of spending more money on pins that bend. And that's my more than $.02 worth. LOL :D

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
They sure do! You damage 'em, they replace 'em! FREE But, I have the feeling you won't be damaging a whole lot of 'em LOL:p :D

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know that they are worth it and that they will last longer than Eason and CT pins. It was just the inital sticker shock. Kind of like buying Beiters $90 for 100 VS G nocks $43 for 100. I will have them in my Navigators when I get a doz.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Brown Hornet, I think the magnock pins would be worth it. Since I put the pins in my arrows (not even 1 month ago) I have purchased 4 dozen pins. That is over the price of a dozen magnock pins including shipping. With the easton pins I have to go around the course with a lighter, glue, and pliers to change my pins when they get hit or I would run out of arrows.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Just because!

Brad just because a new product is far superior to an older product does not in itself justify price gouging to compensate for the lack of selling replacement parts. Ken

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Titanium isn't cheap. ;)

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
OH MY GOD!!!!!!

Ken...

I can ASSURE you there is NO "Price Gouging" going on at Magnock... So I HOPE that wasn't what you are typing or implying....You would be AMAZED at how much these pins cost to manufacture......:rolleyes:....Pro1

·
Registered
94 Posts
Magnocks

Ken,
Magnocks has always presented the best product they could manufacture, and now they have outdone themselves, and although the current product isn't cheap, you can always stay with regular nocks, bieter makes a good one !! and bottom line, BETTER ARCHERY THRU AGRESSIVE SPENDING !!! If we don't support the cutting edge of reserch and developement then who will ??? This may not be rocket science butt, TITANIAM ???

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Numbers Please?

Pat just an observation from the "workin" class shooter.

Price for your Titanium / Pin?
Machine hours / Pin?
Machine cost / Pin?
Man hours / Pin?
Finishing cost / Pin?
Packaging cost / Pin?
Marketing cost / Pin?

Is Magnok outsourcing everything / Pin?

What is your scrap / Perfect part rate?

send me your numbers if you want to convince me of the justified cost / part. :) Ken

·
Registered
118 Posts
cheap shot

Ken,

It seems to me that YOU are responsible to know, with certainty, the answers to all the above questions BEFORE you post that Magnock is "price gouging". That was a cheap shot!! By your own admission an unfounded one.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Why are people moaning about the price of magnock titannium pins, after all no ones holding a gun to your head saying you must buy them. If you think they are worth the money buy em if not.......................need I say more:p

·
Banned
736 Posts
Gouging?

Let see if I can put it into perspective.

I don’t know what the machining companies charge per hour for a high-speed screw machine and an attendant but I do know they bid projects by how many parts per hour a machine can produce. So they have a built in profit margin they place to keep their doors open.

If you want to know what these will cost to make it’s easy. Take an aluminum pin to a screw machine shop and tell them you want to reproduce it with the highest-grade titanium available. (Lower grades will bend like high-grade aluminum) Each part comes out of a solid titanium rod so you can figure about 1” per part. They won’t give you a bid until they do a trial run to see how long it takes.

Once they figure their actual production rate and throw in their profit margin then you have to add in your;
Anodizing cost – **You forgot that one**
Shipping cost from the machine shop to the anodize shop and then to you
Your Patent lawyers cost
Your Insurance, benefit package for employees and additional overhead cost Packaging cost
Marketing cost

Once you add all that up then you hope to throw in something for your own profit.
What’s disturbing is it doesn’t matter how many parts you order from the manufacturer the cost is the same. The screw machine can only make these so fast and you pay for that time.

When I compared the price to making them out of aluminum—I discovered if I would be making a higher profit per pin. The other companies making them out of aluminum are making more profit per pin than us and we’re being accused of price gouging?

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WHY DON'T PEOPLE READ BEFORE THEY POST A RESPONSE!!!!!!

I don't have a problem with the price. I don't have a problem paying $50 for them they are worth it. I know that titanium isn't cheap. Magnock isn't trying to rip anyone off. If anything Easton is how much are the tungsten points that don't hold up. How much are the pins that bend and break there is your rip off. I said earlier that it was sticker shock I didn't think that they would cost that much. Lets learn to read the whole thread or atleast the post before we reply.

·
Registered
13,177 Posts
This slays me to no end! Worried about price, but many of the same people on these boards will go to a novelty or a 3-D shoot and fling carbon arrows at UNMARKED distances in excess of 90 or 100 yards to try to win a cake - - and laugh like crazy when their expensive arrows go off into la-la land - and they don't complain one iota.

Those same people will NOT shoot at MARKED distances at a round target that is larger than a 3-D cuz "I can't hit those doggoned spots." They can't hit the bigger target at closer distances but will fling at UNMARKED distances and not hardly concern themselves with the cost.

But give an option of something that will enhance their accuracy, or better yet help solve the BENT PIN problems they've been complaining about for nearly a year, and it suddenly becomes price gouging??? But those same people have already spent MORE money and time replacing the bent pins than they would spend for a SINGLE SET of Titanium pins - -but it is price gouging?

Penny pinching, but loose-fisted dollar wasters, IMHO.

field14:D

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Mangonockman has never struck me as a person who was interested in price-gouging at anytime. Given the time he has spent answering questions about his products on these forums it is obvious he is very customer orientated. I see no reason why a premium product/service can't demand a premium price tag, if you someone is interested in *cheap* they can always buy Wal-Mart brand pin-nock...

;)

...and does anyone really think that they should be privy to Mangonockman's confidential business information for his private business. If you are that interested buy some shares...

;)

-CG

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Ken - I can't believe you even considered such a thing as price gouging. Get Real! And how stupid to ask such nit-picking questions as to detailed costs. Frankly, it is none of your business. Either buy or bypass.

·
Registered
174 Posts
A cynic is someone who knows the cost of everything but the value of nothing.

Oscar Wilde
'nuff said.

Rob

1 - 20 of 27 Posts