Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what I did to the riser that GRIV posted in his R&D post. I took a little time and put the bow together. Just a sneek peek at what the bow "might" look like with Elite limbs anf Fury X cams. Just playing around. Let me know how you like it :). GRIV said it was OK for me to post this picture, so I will not get the 'boot' :D

I have a better one, but that one will have to wait for a while ;)

LeEarl

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Looks good LeEarl, but I don't know about that color combo...but hey different strokes for different folks. :) Also, am I seeing things or is the Martin logo reversed on the top limb ;)

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good eye x-ring. I had to flip the limbs over to match the riser. If I would have flipped the riser it would have turned into a left hander.

LeEarl

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Close, but not quite..... :) it looks a little bigger than it should be.

Good photoshop work. :)

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Wife mad

Boy, I can see it now!!!! My wife is going to be MAD when I order one of these!!!!( Not really---shes a good understanding wife):D

·
Registered
784 Posts
Looks like about a 50" ATA. lol LeEarl, you did a good job of putting it together, down to the side plates and VEM's. Let's see the improvements!

Now, is it a Mv3 or a mc2? ;)

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Maybe

Guys. I'am just guessing but my thinking is, it may be a long handle, short limb bow? Around the 38-40" ata? with either a shoot through one cam system or maybe a cps/cam and a half set up? What do you think?

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Someone said that they wanted another pic of me behind my desk or something in another thread, so here you go. ;) ;)

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The real bow will be 44" A-A with 8+" brace height. I know it is a little long in the picture, but it only took me 1 1/2 hours to put all this together on this image. I would have to say the bow in the picture is about 47" A-A when put side by side to the Scepter III. That is the bow I took the limbs and pockets off of for this picture. The real new bow (will have in my opinion) more parallel limbs then the ScepterIII :eek:, can I say that yet!! Just my thought, but I can see it happening. And the limb pockets will stay the same as always, why change something that is soooo good :D and 'maybe' a redesigned dampening system.

Lets wait and see!!

Oh yeah, I do have one with the parallel limb design, just have to wait to see it.

LeEarl

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love the picture GRIV, now can I edit that one too with Photoshop? And I do not mean just the bow :D Seems like I have done that with a photo of you before :p

LeEarl

·
Registered
642 Posts
:eek: That bow looks 6 feet tall :p Kinda looks like that bow Mathews had at Nationals last year for Shaq ;) with a 40 some inch draw length. Nice job Earl on giving us a possible peek into the future :cool:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
LOL

GRIV said:
Someone said that they wanted another pic of me behind my desk or something in another thread, so here you go. ;) ;)
Well I guess I asked for it...Hmmmm what's that in the backround hanging up that's blurred out too?? Curiousity is killing me. :D

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
well we know that this is a platinum bow..... good thing that one great looking color that we know of will still be available!!! :) :)

·
Registered
788 Posts
looks like it's going to be another winner,hope youv'e got them machines fired up there going to be busy.are there going to be any new paint jobs this year,not that i'm complaining about what we have now.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts