Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is any one shooting one yet and how is it!. I am interested in one and would like to know the pros and cons of them. I would also just like to hear how everyone is liking the 6.25 brace height. Also what limbs come on these bows.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Interested on this subject too. I have even PM some members knowed to have the new slayer, without any reply.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I love my Slayer Extreme! It is a great shooting bow and the CAT cams are FAST without being overly agressive on the draw cycle. For a speed bow the valley is also very forgiving and you can hold it forever and with the draw stop peg there is a great hard wall. The limbs are the 13" magnum limbs with limb tip reinforcements. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask or PM me and I'll get them answered the best I can. You will love this bow the first time you shoot it. :darkbeer:

·
32,707 Posts
I've only shot mine in my dreams! I've got one coming in platinum black and it's been 49 days now and I'm looking for it soon! I will give a full critique when I get it set up and going.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I placed some weeks ago also a message on this subject.
I got some response. look in the search area
advanced search
search at cxmember

items are:
* Martin Slayer 2008
* please help me, Martin shooters

I got a lot of pos and a few neg things
If it's tru that the Slayer Cat cams is Fast, Smooth to shoot

I hope to have my new Slayer Extreme with Cat cams in two weeks
I'll let you know how it is to get such a accurate bow

good luck

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone for the help, trying to decide on what bows I would like to get and just need the info. Also any help from Joel c. and crew would be awesome!

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Mine seems to shoot as good as I can shoot it. As far as speed goes, I'm getting right at 300 fps at 26.75 inches measured 62 pounds and a 316 grain arrow.

·
Premium Member
8,546 Posts
well said .....

I love my Slayer Extreme! It is a great shooting bow and the CAT cams are FAST without being overly agressive on the draw cycle. For a speed bow the valley is also very forgiving and you can hold it forever and with the draw stop peg there is a great hard wall. The limbs are the 13" magnum limbs with limb tip reinforcements. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask or PM me and I'll get them answered the best I can. You will love this bow the first time you shoot it. :darkbeer:
most folks here know I'm not a fan of "speed bows" but when the opportunity came I just had to get me a 08 Slayer Xtreme C.A.T. cam ..... smooth draw cycle, adjustable let-off, ton's of draw length adjustments, and spits out arrows faster than ever.

I know you'll be impressed :)

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me at any time :)

PintoJK

·
32,707 Posts
Surely there are others out there with a Martin Slayer who can comment on the bow. I can't handle one yet but I can sure enjoy reading about the Slayer!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
can anyone post some pics!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Slayer extreme..

Shot with a guy that had one at a 3d tourney last week, was fast, quiet, but he had issues with right an left some. Could not tell you if it was his problem or the bow's.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
its simple, this is the best bow yet by martin. its fast, quiet, forgiving. i love mine:tongue:

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
2008 martin slayer

My Martin Slayer Is Sweet.i Have My Slayer Shooting 310 At 27.5 Draw At 58#.my Limbs Are 13" And Black With A Camo Riser.sweet.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
kool I appreciate all the help here guys!

·
32,707 Posts
Here ya go! The black platinum is hard to pick up on camera but it is a fantastic color in person.
Did you have to do that to me? I'm drooling all over my keyboard! Dag-blast the flatterrap! I want one! It's been 52 days since I ordered mine. I'm getting antsy for sure!

·
Administrator
65,518 Posts
Bill, I'm shooting a last year model with the original M-Pro cams.. no problems for me with the Brace, it's a shooter... :thumb: I did add a Vibekiller suppressor to it tho, which does help eliminate any string slap if you get your forearm too close.. :wink: (but I did it for deadening the shot, not the string interference.)

Hang in there Remmy, I too am chompin.. but mine's gonna be Mysticulous.. :wink: :thumb:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts