Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am new to this forum, haven't shot in a while and would like to tune my new bow. I got a Storm f-18 with a whisker biscuit rest and cobra sidewinder sights. I have shot in the backyard at 10 yards, and cannot get it dailed in. It consistently shoots low and left. I have moved the sights, but it doesnt help much. Oh, I added the rest and sights myself. Is there anything I can do to see if they are on right-they seem to be. Any help would be appreciated.
Mike

EXTREME BOWSTRINGS
Well since you are shooting a WB, did you happen to check the knocking point, it sounds like its to high or maybe your rest is set to low. To check with out a square you can use a small book with a 90 degree corner, place against the string and under the arrow, you should have either a perfect 90 or the angle should be slightly above the 90. Also look at the arrow going threw the rest and the arrow should have a gap at the top of the arrow between it and the whiskers. Check this out andt hen get back to use after you have made adjustments. Just move arrow rest up a tad or lower the knock point down.

Registered
Remember, don't peek or pull. A good follow through and grip are key. Make sure you use a consistant torque free grip (45 deg), and remain in form until the arrow strikes your target (thus no peeking). Picking your head up or dropping your bow arm to see where your going to hit could cause you to drop out.

If you are grouping, try walk back tuning to get your center shot set. Then you can adjust your sights for windage. :cocktail:

Registered
If your rest isn't centered left to right you'll have trouble getting dialed in also. Do a search for "Walk Back Tuning" on this sight. Look for a post by Nuts&Bolts, very informative and easy to follow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts