Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm interested in archery mostly/only for target shooting.

I don't own a bow yet and I am looking forward to gain information and knowledge about archery from this board.

The type of bows I have been looking at (only on the internet) are the Hoyt Protec and Martin CougarIII.

Joe

·
(aka lug nut)
48,493 Posts
leopard said:
Hi,

I don't own a bow yet and I am looking forward to gain information and knowledge about archery from this board.

The type of bows I have been looking at (only on the internet) are the Hoyt Protec and Martin CougarIII.

Joe
Welcome to ArcheryTalk, Joe.

Lots of information here on ArcheryTalk.
Actually, much more information here
than when I took my Level II coaching class.

Use the search function,
and you will find info about any topic you can imagine.

Ask away. Any question you can think of.
Just, try to be as specific as you can.

nuts&bolts.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey leopard, welcome to Archery Talk and to the sport!!!
Some advices:1) be sure to get some coaching at your local archery club/field. 2) If your buying a bow, be sure is the right one for you, according to the info you've got from that coaching and 3) most important...Have Fun!!!

·
Registered
971 Posts
leopard said:
Hi,

Joe
Hi Joe,
Welcome to Archery Talk!
By Far the best way to get started is to join a club and try a few different bows so you can find one that suites you and the archers at the club or club coach will be able to measure you up so the bow you buy will suit you. You will also find some very sound info on this site some of it is presented by very experienced archers, however it is a lot easier to start with a good coach in a one on one situation.
This is a wonderful sport, one that you can take as far as you want, right up to International competition if you desire, or just shooting in local leagues if you prefer so enjoy the ride :)
Cheers
Peter

·
Banned
144 Posts
leopard said:
Hi,

Joe
Feel free to PM me personally with any questions you may have. Both bows you mentioned are excellent bows, try and get into a pro shop and shoot each, and let that be a deciding factor. Welcome to the game.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts