Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive want to get a new bow and with a 26 inch dl been seriously considering a bowtech equalizer. I shoot lefthand so testing one is hard to do. Curious how hard the pull is and is there a good let off(i guess valley) at full draw. Will this be a good hunting bow? Can you tell me what to exspect from this bow.
Thanks

· Registered
2,658 Posts
I shot the EQ for two seasons and felt it was the best short draw bow that I had shot at the time. The draw is not as smooth as other BT's, it takes some effort to get going and it does not finish up that smooth but it is a speed bow. It will make you keep your form, if you creep it will want to go. It is fairly quiet and smooth with some but not allot of hand shock. A STS will tame it right down.

If you really want a great short draw bow look at the Elite line of bows. The newer Fire will hands down beat an EQ in all aspects. You can also look at the 07 ICE, that is another great bow. Or I you are lucky enough to find a dealer that has one, the new CUDA will be the new standard for a short draw bow.

I was a little dissapointed to see BT's 09 line up didn't have a new updated EQ or a short draw replacement.

· Registered
99 Posts
this is a great bow. bowtech is discontinuing it though and has no bow in the lineup to replace it. you better get one now bc you will only be able to get them used for awhile at least. the valley is crisp and the pull is relatively smooth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.