Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a used Mathews No cam HTR and I think I have it set up pretty good because it's paper tuned and shooting good groups w/field points. I usually don't get too technical with the tuning if the bow is shooting good-I probably don't know enough about it but like I said its shooting good through paper and grouping well. My problem is when compared to my other bow; a Matthews Creed Xs, you really cant tell them apart noise wise, I thought the HTR was supposed to be really quite. Does this mean the HTR probably isn't tuned correctly? They are both set up almost identical-poundage draw length etc. The only difference is the No cam arrows are 60 grains heavier. I've had several people listen and no one can really tell them apart. Nether of them are loud-just the same.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
So I bought a used Mathews No cam HTR and I think I have it set up pretty good because it's paper tuned and shooting good groups w/field points. I usually don't get too technical with the tuning if the bow is shooting good-I probably don't know enough about it but like I said its shooting good through paper and grouping well. My problem is when compared to my other bow; a Matthews Creed Xs, you really cant tell them apart noise wise, I thought the HTR was supposed to be really quite. Does this mean the HTR probably isn't tuned correctly? They are both set up almost identical-poundage draw length etc. The only difference is the No cam arrows are 60 grains heavier. I've had several people listen and no one can really tell them apart. Nether of them are loud-just the same.
Same rest? Have you tuned the string stop on the HTR?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No the rest is way different, a WB on the no cam and a QAD drop away on the creed XS. I'm didn't even know the string stop was tunable

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would think a WB would turn one of the quietest advertised bows out there into just an average bow? If that's the case the WB gotta go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts