Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swore I would never buy anymore Nockturnals, but I needed to pick some up for a friends daughter. I had used the Nockturnal X nocks in youth arrows back in 2013 and they looked great. They even fit the CX Medallion shafts perfectly. I looked at the listing before I placed the order, and the photo showed the Nockturnal X nock just as I remembered them. When I got them in today, they looked nothing like the last ones I ordered and nothing like the photo in the sellers listing! These things are UGLY as sin! I hate 'em. I've had complaints about the fit of Nockturnals in the past, but NEVER complained about the looks. Until now, they looked fine. Has anyone else ordered Nockturnals thinking they were going to receive what was pictured in the ad and received the new design? I'm thinking about sending them back as they are Not As Described. If people are selling the new design, I feel their photos should be accurate.

Does anyone else not like the new design?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
The new one are ugly but they are supposed to be more durable than the last design. Plus I don't really care what a nock looks like as long as it works properly.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I prefer function over beauty. I really could care less what they look like as long as they fly straight. Activate upon departure. Are bright. And battery lasts. And they do all that. Plus clip on the string well. I have a couple dozen old ones and they are dim very loose on the string. Very happy with new ones.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I ordered some nockturnal s for my maxima hunters and im going to have to tie a tighter d loop for the nocturnals, there not as thick as other nocks but they look good and shoot the same haven't had to move anything.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some folks might not even know about the ones I am referring to. They are not just slightly bigger, they are huge. I included a photo so you could see. The max poundage these will be shot with will be 40 lbs. I was just expecting the same nice looking low profile X nocks that I used back in 2013. I was not expecting anything like this. Sorry, but looks do matter a little to me. It matters even more that the seller posted a photo of the original X nocks in the ad and did not mention that the ones the buyer would receive are different.

[/URL]

Attachments

·
USMC 04/2005-05/2013
3,603 Posts
It's a nock, designed to be more durable. I would imagine, that they do not sell the old ones anymore unless you find them in a store.

·
styger
1,128 Posts
The new design is much, much better over the old. I'd take ugly over a shattered nock.
Truer words. They beafed up the mock to insure n on breakage and now the 'look" bad. I want function over form as well. I wouldn't use them before but I trust the new design.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Those look just like the ones I just ordered. I have some originals and now these hopefully I skipped over the buy out rage nockturnals and these are good as the old ones.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I have some, one broke after 5 shots. I contacted nocturnal. They had me send the broken one to them. It broke off almost flush with the shaft. The others are holding up so far.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Did you ever consider that maybe the seller is unaware that the design has changed and is only using the picture he is because those are what he is accustomed to selling? Just some food for thought.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you ever consider that maybe the seller is unaware that the design has changed and is only using the picture he is because those are what he is accustomed to selling? Just some food for thought.
Yes I did. And the seller's response proved that they have known about the change and seemed to blame it on Nockturnal for supplying the photos. Here is there response to my message pointing out that the nocks I received were not like the nocks pictured in their ebay listing and looked awful.

"the original Nockturnals were discontinued 12 months ago, we can't send you something they don't make. Sorry you think looks are more important than function."

At the time, I did not know Nockturnal had discontinued the original X nocks. I see most people on eBay using the same photos of the originals X nocks, but I noticed today that there are a few honest sellers that show the new style in their photos. I questioned some other sellers that are using the same original X nock photos and one of them responded with: "The pic is a representation only for the color. The X nock is the same shape new or old. These are all current inventory". So obviously, this seller is wrong. And there is absolutely no mention of "The pic is a representation only for the color" in their description.

The only place I could find a photo of these new nocks on Nockturnal's website was on their HELIOS nocks with the incorporated fletching. Their website still shows the original X nocks on the Nockturnal-X page. I'm trying to find someone with some of the original X nocks. Thinking of trying Gander Mountain tomorrow.

·
Registered
49,459 Posts
Yes I did. And the seller's response proved that they have known about the change and seemed to blame it on Nockturnal for supplying the photos. Here is there response to my message pointing out that the nocks I received were not like the nocks pictured in their ebay listing and looked awful.

"the original Nockturnals were discontinued 12 months ago, we can't send you something they don't make. Sorry you think looks are more important than function."

At the time, I did not know Nockturnal had discontinued the original X nocks. I see most people on eBay using the same photos of the originals X nocks, but I noticed today that there are a few honest sellers that show the new style in their photos. I questioned some other sellers that are using the same original X nock photos and one of them responded with: "The pic is a representation only for the color. The X nock is the same shape new or old. These are all current inventory". So obviously, this seller is wrong. And there is absolutely no mention of "The pic is a representation only for the color" in their description.

The only place I could find a photo of these new nocks on Nockturnal's website was on their HELIOS nocks with the incorporated fletching. Their website still shows the original X nocks on the Nockturnal-X page. I'm trying to find someone with some of the original X nocks. Thinking of trying Gander Mountain tomorrow.
WOW!!!!! You need a crying towel????? Things change get over it, but to cry over what something looks like. It functions, it works. Sure the target will not care.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I know I have never had my wife walk out while I'm shooting my hunting setup and say daumn those are some sexy nocks. Just saying! Honestly the look of a nock doesn't bother me if it works as advertised.

·
bow nut
4,699 Posts
Trust me they look huge. I like the old ones better. I never had a problem with them breaking or lighting. My first new one won't stay lit and fits way loose on the string.

·
Registered
618 Posts

I would bet by that response that the seller is Bullseye Feather out of Florida. Am I correct??

·
Registered
999 Posts
I have had great results with the new design. They are much better than the "pretty" ones imo. Haven't had any problems with them yet.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
First world problems.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
OK, I'm sorry for the 20 seconds it's going to take me to write this, but this thread is a colossal waste of time! C'mon, worrying about how a nock looks??!! But hey, if that's your thing...........................

·
Banned
1,516 Posts
If the looks of them are bothering you or your friends daughter that much then list them in the classifieds, easy enough. Worrying that much about the appearance of a nock rather than the functionality and durability of it, I think you or your friends daughter have may have the priorities reversed.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts