Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

First time on the traditional page for me. I just inherited two old recurves from my grandfather. Both appear to be in very good condition, but I'm positive they havent been strung in a number of years. These bows are probably 20-30 years old. Both are Ben Pearsons, one #45 the other #55. My question is, is it worth it to get new strings and see if they still work or dont risk it and place'em on the wall? I'll try and get pics up later this week if possible.

thanks!

· One crazy Mutant ;)
9,084 Posts
Like Red said, if there isn't any cracks, or damage to them they should be fine.

I have 2 old Bear Recurves, one was built in 1969 & the other in 1973 & they both shoot great.

· Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, i'll see if i can get some strings and get this things kickin' again. From looking them over I dont see any cracks, so we'll see what happens next.

· Registered
40 Posts
My dad just gave me his old 1950's Bear Kodiak recurce. I could not stand the thought of not shotting it, and now I'm shooting the heck out of it. I've been shooting compound for 15 years now and thanks to this old recurve, I've never been so excited about shooting. It seems like I'm starting a whole new sport.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.