Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some extra limbs for my Dorado. I'd like 35 pound in maple color, but other colors would work too. I'm a bit broke after the holidays so I'd prefer used, but if it's a good price for new ones I'll definitely consider that. I live overseas and I'm leaving the USA on January 18th, so I really need them before that. I live in California.

(Admins: I have a similar thread in the "Traditional Accessories and Parts" category, but I think that's the wrong place to put it so I made a new one. Also now I'm also open to new limbs, not only used. If you can delete the old thread that would be great.)

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Could always buy a set of cheap ILF limbs, or a set of TradTech BlackMax limbs and swap the bushings.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could always buy a set of cheap ILF limbs, or a set of TradTech BlackMax limbs and swap the bushings.
Thanks Jim. I think this is going to be the best approach. $300 for a set of used limbs seems a bit high. I swear I saw some new Dorado limbs for $250 before. Some people have said they've had to file down the ends of the limbs to make them fit on a Dorado riser. I hope I can find some limbs that don't require that. I think I'll post another thread asking for limbs that are known to fit "out of the box"... with the exception of swapping the bushings obviously.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Filing / sanding down the limb butts are no big deal. I have to do that on every set of limbs I put on my Dryad ILF riser.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
The only reason you have to take stock off the limb butts is because of the lip on the Hoyt bezel. You can buy bezels at any "good" hardware store, then you won't have to worry about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts