Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now the proud owner of a new Cam X X330. This is my very first crossbow which will be used for whitetails and spring gobblers. Going to assemble it today, & was wondering if I should put a dab of blue loctite on the bolt that mounts the riser to the front of the barrel assembly ?

Also will be purchasing a bag target for practicing. (I have a Rhinehart block target, but am worried that I might pull out the field point with insert by penetrating too deep)

I researched many brands of crossbows, and determined that the Cam X is perfect for my application. Best buy for the buck, considering everything that you get with the base package, including "high quality arrows".

Thanks for all of info on this site !

·
Registered
77 Posts
The bolt that you mentioned fits very snugly. I would not imagine that there is enough shock during shots that would require any loc-tite. You could just add it to your pre-hunt checklist and see if it ever loosens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.