Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a new Parker Terminator and ran into a problem. I cocked the bow with a cocking device, pput in a bolt, took off the safety, but it wouldn't fire. I tried another bolt, but it wouldn't work either. Then I noticed that the bolts were going over the top of the first safety, thus preventing the bow from being fired. I took it back to the dealer and after some work, they were able to get it to shoot. I was told that it was a freak thing and most likely wouldn't happen again. Has anyone else ever ran into this problem??

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Questman said:
I recently purchased a new Parker Terminator and ran into a problem. I cocked the bow with a cocking device, put in a bolt, took off the safety, but it wouldn't fire. I tried another bolt, but it wouldn't work either. Then I noticed that the bolts were going over the top of the first safety, thus preventing the bow from being fired. I took it back to the dealer and after some work, they were able to get it to shoot. I was told that it was a freak thing and most likely wouldn't happen again. Has anyone else ever ran into this problem??

Questman,

I also have a Terminator. As far as a freak problem...I am not sure...either the dealer is not telling you all the details, or isn't too familiar with the Parker. There was a possible mechanical defect that caused this problem. And perhaps it could happen again.

I do know on the Parkers that if you do not cock it fully back, (Audible Click)it will not shoot, as the secondary safety is not set. This happened to me once or twice, and to Correct the problem, ALL you do is reconnect your rope or crank cocking aid and pull it back about 1 inch untill it clicks, then you can shoot it. This is explained in the Owners Manual. Is this what possibly happened?

Dave

·
Registered
25 Posts
Almost Same Thing

I Had Problems With My Terminator Not Firing. It Would Not Lock In The Firing Position. Finally It Stayed Locked In The Cocked Position And I Could Not Shoot It. I Took It To A Parker Dealer And They Called Parker. Here Two Little Screws Were Leftout In Assembly. Parker Shipped Another Trigger Assembly And Had It Installed At No Cost. I Have Not Had Any Problems Since. Please Just Contact Parker And They Usually Take Care Of Problems Right Away

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Terminator

I did contact Parker and this was the reply I got.

Dennis, it could be that initially that the bolt was not seated all the way in the first time and what happens is that the anti dry fire takes over. You will hear a click. Then you will need to pull back on the string that is still in the "cocked" position and when you pull back, you will hear a click. Now you are back in sync to fire. put your bolt in all the way back and click the safety off. You are ready to shoot.

I had pushed the bolt all the way in and when I looked it had gone above the dry fire safety. I tried hooking up the rope and pulled it up as far as it goes, but it didn't work. The dealer tried the same thing with no effect. Then somehow, it simply was working again. I am concerned that it will act up again, but they say it shouldn't happen again??????? I guess time will tell.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Questman said:
I did contact Parker and this was the reply I got.

Dennis, it could be that initially that the bolt was not seated all the way in the first time and what happens is that the anti dry fire takes over. You will hear a click. Then you will need to pull back on the string that is still in the "cocked" position and when you pull back, you will hear a click. Now you are back in sync to fire. put your bolt in all the way back and click the safety off. You are ready to shoot.

I had pushed the bolt all the way in and when I looked it had gone above the dry fire safety. I tried hooking up the rope and pulled it up as far as it goes, but it didn't work. The dealer tried the same thing with no effect. Then somehow, it simply was working again. I am concerned that it will act up again, but they say it shouldn't happen again??????? I guess time will tell.
Questman....... I've shot a terminator for two years now....I've had absolutely no problems what so ever out of any component. I guess with any of them you could get a issue but it does seem odd that a couple of posters here are having or had a trigger issue. If I were you I would press the issue with Parker a little more. I would not e-mail them .....I would call them at 540-337-5426. Parker has a good reputation for customer service. I believe they can get something worked out with you .....if anything swap trigger mechanisims with the dealer. Hope you get it worked out.....I've really enjoyed mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts