Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just rebuilt my press with acme rod and a flange bearing(thanks for the idea Trilithon). I put some .050 shims inside the mouth of the outer tube to take some slop out too. The drive works like a dream. The Power Press ain't got anything on this bad boy. It has a variable speed reversing controller that makes the draw board function a piece of cake.

·
Registered
282 Posts
That is Nice !!! what kind of motor is that & can you mount it directly on to the shaft to threaded rod

·
Registered
633 Posts
Nice!

Do I see clamp on collars there? Still thinking of taking the double nuts off mine and using collars for a cleaner look.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hope you never get a run away with the motor. Looks good.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is Nice !!! what kind of motor is that & can you mount it directly on to the shaft to threaded rod
You could direct couple it to the shaft but with pulleys you get a speed increase.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Actually you get a decrease in speed with the pulleys. If you direct couple it and press a bow at 1700 rpms I want a video of that.

Chuck

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice!

Do I see clamp on collars there? Still thinking of taking the double nuts off mine and using collars for a cleaner look.
One clamp, one nut and the setscrews on the bearing race. Should be secure. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hope you never get a run away with the motor. Looks good.
I almost did. :eek: The switch was a momentary in the down direction and a always on in the up direction. There is a reversing switch for the direction and I hit the wrong switch in the up direction. :mg: Caught it before it hurt anything. Needless to say the always on feature is disabled. :)

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually you get a decrease in speed with the pulleys. If you direct couple it and press a bow at 1700 rpms I want a video of that.

Chuck
You are correct. I was thinking in the wrong direction. :confused:

It could still be run as a direct couple with the speed control at the low end I think. This pulley system works out just right though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts