Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am going to purchase my very first bow (PSE X force drive LT), and I had a few questions regarding arrow rest and peep. In a previous thread I mentioned I was getting it from hunters friend RTH. They offer an octane hostage pro rest. I see lots of threads saying they wear down quickly, but those threads are mostly over 4 years old. Have they improved?

Also I was going to get a fletcher style peep sight, but worry about rotation. I have read many threads that the PSE strings all have bad stretch/rotation and I am worried that I won't be able to keep the peep looking forward/being useful. If the string does stretch and rotate is there a simple fix that I can do to keep the peep looking in the right direction, or should I get a tube style peep so it is always pointing forwards?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge. This site is really sweet!

·
I kill it to eat it !
3,169 Posts
i have a 2013 drive and the string done very good no rotation.

·
OEF VI VET
6,681 Posts
The strings on the drive lt are decent but they for sure will do some settling and you will probably have to get the peep adjusted once after they settle in. The hostage rests are still the same garbage

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I heard the strings on the drive wasn't as bad as those on the mainline bows. Maybe I will go with a fletcher peep. Thanks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, what size peep should I get? 1/4? 1/8? 3/16?

·
OEF VI VET
6,681 Posts
1/4 for hunting because the bigger hole lets in more light...smaller if you will only be shooting target

1 - 6 of 6 Posts