Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Me encanta cazar
772 Posts
My brother bought one this year, his first bow, I wasnt expecting much because of the cost and was pretty impressed when i saw him shoot it. He killed a good bull elk with it. When I shot it my impression was it had a nice draw and was pretty fast and suprisingly quiet but it did seem to have some hand shock compared to my hoyt but it was a lot less expensive than my hoyt. I think he is going to put a string stop on it soon and we will see if that helps. I think as far as bang for the buck its a great bow. I am thinking of buying one for a back up.

·
Registered
855 Posts
My brother bought one this year, his first bow, I wasnt expecting much because of the cost and was pretty impressed when i saw him shoot it. He killed a good bull elk with it. When I shot it my impression was it had a nice draw and was pretty fast and suprisingly quiet but it did seem to have some hand shock compared to my hoyt but it was a lot less expensive than my hoyt. I think he is going to put a string stop on it soon and we will see if that helps. I think as far as bang for the buck its a great bow. I am thinking of buying one for a back up.
You mean a string suppressor? If so I have heard from a few that it didn't make much difference but if he gets one let me know how it works out for him as I have been considering one as well. The hand shock isn't brutal but definitley noticeable.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I bought a Stinger earlier this year and I love it. I owned a more expensive bow that I bought used several years ago, but I have had numerous problems with it so I wanted something new before bow season started. I was limited on money so I bought the Stinger and I'm definitely impressed. I did make some modifications though. I didn't like the rubber grip so I bought the wood grip form the PSE website. I also bought the PSE backstop string suppressor at Bass Pro and it really helped on reducing noise and vibration. I'm planning on putting a new string and cable on it after deer season closes because the factory string is taking quite a beating. I know its not a high end bow but I believe in this case you get more than you pay for.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Thanks for the feedback on the supressor eleet, looks like I may have to put one in my xmas stocking after all :shade:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts