Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just harvested my first deer with a RAGE Broadhead. WOW!! What a hole. It was about a 35 yd shot. The entrance wound was huge. The deer went maybe 10 yds and went down withinn seconds. I was amazed at the damage it did. No way my Muzzy (or my .270 Browning) would have done that much damage. Hopefully the pics will show up.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Questman said:
Just harvested my first deer with a RAGE Broadhead. WOW!! What a hole. It was about a 35 yd shot. The entrance wound was huge. The deer went maybe 10 yds and went down withinn seconds. I was amazed at the damage it did. No way my Muzzy (or my .270 Browning) would have done that much damage. Hopefully the pics will show up.

:tongue: :grin: View attachment 180483

View attachment 180484
2 blade or 3 blade?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Exit hole?

How was the exit hole? Complete pass through? What about your set-up?

A lot of people (including me) are real curious about these heads. I tell you one thing - they fly great!

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is the three blade shot with my Parker crossbow(319 fps). (had to give up my bow due to neck issues.) Complete pass through at about 35 - 40 yds. Bolt buried 8 inches in ground behind the deer.
Entrance and exit hole were about the same size.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice shot! Just got my 3 blade rage the other day and love the way they fly. Hopefully ill have the same success.

·
Banned
559 Posts
They look like a really great design

for a mechanical. A friend who works at a bow shop recommended them to me also.

·
Registered
905 Posts
To must money

I really like them but wow the cause is high for the broadhead, and when you put the cost of gas and tags, etc. I just use my ones that I have and the later when I run out of them then I may buy one. I want to know what happens when you have a marginal hit, with them. I know what the muzzy and others like it do, but not the rage. Steady

1 - 8 of 8 Posts