Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll Be moving to Trigg County KY on friday and would love to just talk to someone familiar with the area. I already have private land acquired to hunt but would also be interested in learning some of the public around. I'm not looking for anyone's honey holes or anything else. I'm more so just looking to ask some very general questions such as rut times and what not. What areas get pressured the most? From what I've seen online LBL gets pounded. I'm also looking for insight on fishing kentucky. I'm an avid outdoorsman and enjoy many activities in the wild and can return the info and intel for areas in north Mississippi and Eastern Arkansas. Looking forward to meeting new friends and exchanging pms and what not, maybe even putting a face to a name over time. Good luck to you all and God Bless!

Steven

·
Registered
722 Posts
Beautiful place that area. I don't live there but I have been going to the county north of Triggs for several years. I,d say the best rut action is the first three weeks in November. The gun season always open the second Saturday in November, so I bow hunt the 7 day before that Saturday. South of Triggs is a place called Fort Cambell, if I lived there I'd be looking at that before LBL. LBL is huge and given time and some effort I bet some good ground can be found. With some good cool weather early November is a special time in that area l love the time I get to spend there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
After some time hunting LBL and you can find some real good spots. 170,000 acres it doesn't get the pressure you think mostly hiker, mtn. Bikers and sight seers. I live about 3hrs away and hunt it 2 or 3 times a year till this year now that it's no longer a bonus tag.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the quick and friendly replies! Thank on the comments referring to the rut. I've already started to look into your recommendation xxkilla, thank you. I'll be looking into LBL also, thank you kysupernova.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Deer numbers are down in LBL. In fact, the limits and season dates were changed this year, as a result of the low deer population. LBL is one of the most challenging and inconsistent places for deer hunting in western Kentucky. And most locals will confirm this. You can be successful there if you have a lot of time and patience. There are other public lands in Tennessee and Kentucky with much higher deer densities.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts