Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll Be moving to Trigg County KY on friday and would love to just talk to someone familiar with the area. I already have private land acquired to hunt but would also be interested in learning some of the public around. I'm not looking for anyone's honey holes or anything else. I'm more so just looking to ask some very general questions such as rut times and what not. What areas get pressured the most? From what I've seen online LBL gets pounded. I'm also looking for insight on fishing kentucky. I'm an avid outdoorsman and enjoy many activities in the wild and can return the info and intel for areas in north Mississippi and Eastern Arkansas. Looking forward to meeting new friends and exchanging pms and what not, maybe even putting a face to a name over time. Good luck to you all and God Bless!

Steven

·
Registered
388 Posts
Trigg county and all the surrounding area is great hunting. We have property in Muhlenberg and Logan county and we have has pretty good success over the last 10 years. We live in Fla. and drive up for the rifle hunt each year. I don't know about public land hunting because we only hunt our own ground but a friend who lives there says that LBL is a good hunt and it doesn't count against your one buck tag. Good luck this year. You are moving there at a perfect time.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
Lbl rules have changed this last year so read up, good luck

·
Registered
212 Posts
LBL is a very challenging place for most people, especially since the deer population is the lowest it has been in over 10 years. Look for public lands northeast of your area, they have higher deer densities.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I live in Oldham Co KY. Public land around here is over hunted. Once I got a spot that was private own I quit going to public land. It may be different in your neck of the woods. Best of luck!

·
Registered
687 Posts
I keep hearing about how low the deer population is at LBL but I've hunter there for a long while and still manage to see 4+ deer every sit granted I'm not hunting close to the roads maybe that's the difference but I haven't noticed a decline in the areas I hunt. I would like to see a minimum point/spread implemented soon.

·
Registered
362 Posts
LBL DEER ARE NO LONGER A BONUS And do count against your state tag... And you only get 1 deer, buck or doe but not both..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts