Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of 6 to be shipped, Stolid Bull Vanquish, matched up with some Hex6 limbs. Still tuning/testing but initial feeling is that it's a shooter, probably the easiest bow to hold on Aim I've shot, it is very balanced on aim, expansion and follow through. I've only really got the Moon and Nilo to compare (both top end risers) I can actually feel the difference that this is a stiffer and more balanced riser, I'm very happy with it. Grip is different and will take some getting used to but seem to be settling into it already.

Built an 8190 string today, will test in the morning.

Vanquish3_zpsc2b42a86.jpg

vanuish2_zps27287d2f.jpg

vanuish1_zpsf4aea6fd.jpg

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice...1 of 6? how's do you like the riser section in front of the grip?
It's a bit strange at first, I haven't figured the best hand position, index finger fits into the space and will just fit on end of riser, hand is like a pistol with finger off the trigger, this seem to give the most consistent shots. I have tendon damage in my ring ringer which make curling the fingers hard (it locks closed) and hand isn't relaxed, so for me it's about finding the most relaxed hand position. Old age is a bummer lol

Although it's the first 6 from a batch of 20 my SN is V010

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Is it a overdraw riser?

Mac

·
Registered
12,057 Posts
Interesting bow, looks like a lot of deflex in the riser. When you get it dialed in I'd like to hear your thoughts and comparisons between it and your Moon and Nilo risers.

·
>>--------->
1,465 Posts
Looks to me like it has a lot of reflex.

The rest if one of the more appealing aspects of it, I believe it is capable of moving the plunger up and down, pretty rare

·
Registered
507 Posts
Be curious to to hear any comments about any torque-sparing effects of the deflex riser design - the FITA (compound) manual makes statements about forgiveness & lack of torque in deflexed risers ... got me thinking of future purchases - M

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Congrats on the new bow...very nice! Do you know what she weighs all up...including weights? Just curious.

Any other specs.? Length, draw weight, arrow tune, # of strands of 8190? Please.

She looks like a BB string walking machine!

·
C:\My Documents\My Pictur
23,094 Posts
Hello All

Looks very nice.
A interesting riser, what length. Believe I will hang around to here more. [ Later

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Geometry, the riser is less deflex than the Hoyt GMX but more than the HPX. It is 26" riser, it's intended as an Oly target riser but as it weighs the same as my Best Moon it's also perfect as a BB riser with 250g weight it's around 2kg it's 7075 and not 6061 Aluminum, it feels stiffer than the Moon riser, even though it's a 26" riser and limb bolts at min setting I have the same crawls as the 25" Moon with bolts 2 turns in.

I haven't tried the 8190 string yet but it's 24 strands and .014 Halo, fit my Navigators nicely, Hex6 limbs are 43# and run out of crawls at 55 yards. It shoots better than anything I've tried to date, I'm very pleased.

There is a thread on the Fita Forum with the designer and owner of Stolid Bull Bows posting, lot's of CAD drawings and info about the design concept.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well its been just over a week with my new toy, lots of experimenting to see how the bow shoots and tunes with different Limbs and arrows. Biggest problem was the grip was strange but now Im settled it feels good

Yesterday I did some Gapping with just normal 3 under, if you Gap off riser this bow works well, out to 40y groups were close to my SW groups.

Biggest thing Ive noticed with this riser compared to the Moon is the Moon as I got to 45 yards my arrows started to group more and more left as the distance increased and I had to use string blur to compensate with the Vanquish it shoots down the line from 5 yards to 80 yards, dont quite know if its stiffer riser or Jaeger grip is slimmer, using same Limbs, arrows and plunger used on Moon but its a good thing for me (less thinking on longer shots lol).

8190 String is nice, 20 strands compared to 14 8125 and same .018 Halo, the 8190 is 10 grains lighter than the 8125. The Halo serves better as 8190 seems to have less wax, hard to tell if groups are better as Ive not done any score comparisons but I like better just for the fact the Halo stays put.

·
Registered
9,943 Posts
Now that is interesting - what is the purpose of the rearward set grip? Will be interesting to hear your reviews.

·
C:\My Documents\My Pictur
23,094 Posts
Hello All

Looks very nice.
A interesting riser, what length. Believe I will hang around to here more. [ Later

======================

Hello
Still interest in the riser length.
I think I read 900 out of there area cost for the riser.
Do you think that they may have a outlet in the US to purchase from later.
Any input here would be appreciated or a Pm . I just might like to hold one. :wink: [ Later

1 - 19 of 19 Posts