Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got home to see what brown had done for me.

Slapped a rest and d loop on it, set the rest so the bottom of the arrow was in the center of the berger hole, set it for dead level nock height, and threw it on the scale. It was 70.5lbs and exactly 28.5" holding weight was 8.1lbs

The timing marks at full draw were even and the stops were hitting dead even right out of the box.
Now I'm used to getting a bow and having to give a little twist here and there, but I literally did nothing with this bow

I took two turns out of the bow and it was dead nuts 65lbs and thats where I'll shoot it.
Then I shot it through paper....one shot

Shot it through the chono with a 400gn arrow

and I'm ready to go get her sighted in

great draw cycle, builds up quick then eases into the draw stops which are obviously nice and firm. No vibe on the shot, but itt does jump a bit forward but nothing that really catches my attention. If I shot it next to an htr, it would feel like it moved a lot. I think I"m really going to like this bow a lot

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Nice rig, I ordered the HTR over it but it was a close call this is the year I might just buy two bows instead of one!!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Is the spring on the hamskea cable supposed to be in the middle of the string for a solid limb applications? Or is this something you do exclusively? I shoot a hamskea on my target bow and the spring hooks to the limb mount. Any advantage to having it in the middle?

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is the spring on the hamskea cable supposed to be in the middle of the string for a solid limb applications? Or is this something you do exclusively? I shoot a hamskea on my target bow and the spring hooks to the limb mount. Any advantage to having it in the middle?
I'm running my cord to the easy pull axle so the rest stays up longer and gets pulled out of the way faster. Just another place to put the spring :)

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'm running my cord to the easy pull axle so the rest stays up longer and gets pulled out of the way faster. Just another place to put the spring :)
Thank you sir!!

·
The Fin,Mathews Pro Staff
1,826 Posts
Nice try see. I have been very impressed with the prime bows. I have been wanting an alloy for a while now

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Nice rig. I went to the pro shop and they had a Rival that wasn't setup. Seeing as how I'm not interested in retiring my HeliM, I didn't wanna ask if he could set it up so I could try it. I was bummed. I've never shot a Prime and have heard nothing but good things.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts