Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Primum Non Nocere
6,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be a little late and you all may know this already but I guess we will be seeing a new optional cam this year that should push the IBO up to 315-320. The bows will all be the same and the original cam will be standard but we can order the new cam as an option. See now I am redundant...:confused: Well anyway this got me a little happy. I really like these bows and was hoping to find something to shoot for 3D and this could be the answer. The cam will be released in 2007 and should be available on all the bows. I think the 334 with a fast cam on it sounds just about right. Add some new target colors and presto... We have a winner!!!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Interesting. I had not heard anything but then again I dont ask many questions. I just hope that IBO is true because thier 06 line the IBO was WAY overrated. I never witnessed any of them slinging arrows into the 305 fps catagory... more like 285 fps. Still a great bow.. I own one.. but I wish it was faster.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
mtmedic said:
I may be a little late and you all may know this already but I guess we will be seeing a new optional cam this year that should push the IBO up to 315-320. The bows will all be the same and the original cam will be standard but we can order the new cam as an option. See now I am redundant...:confused: Well anyway this got me a little happy. I really like these bows and was hoping to find something to shoot for 3D and this could be the answer. The cam will be released in 2007 and should be available on all the bows. I think the 334 with a fast cam on it sounds just about right. Add some new target colors and presto... We have a winner!!!

I see a lot of retro fitting coming. All the bows I have chronoed have made the advertised speed when corrected for string acc., DL and arrow weight.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Anyone know any more details like will I be able to put it on my 06 ross and will I have to change string & cables?

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Sounds like Ross have fixed their only weakness.

More bow sales I see in their future and a lot of extra cam sales:darkbeer:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Limey said:
Sounds like Ross have fixed their only weakness.

More bow sales I see in their future and a lot of extra cam sales:darkbeer:
Limey, does that mean you're getting one?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
That sounds great but how's it going to effect the draw cycle? Ross is known for their smooth draw but to get that extra speed doesn't something have to be sacrificed like a shorter brace or harsher draw?
I'll be buying a new bow in 07 but i haven't really made my mind up yet what it will be. Right now the Ross CR334 is at the top of my short list. I haven't had the opportunity to shoot one yet because i just recently got a dealer within driving distance but plan to test drive one real soon. If it shoots anything like it looks it's no doubt a shooter and would be a nice addition and companion for my Liberty.:D

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
za_boy said:
Anyone know any more details like will I be able to put it on my 06 ross and will I have to change string & cables?
The cam ramp will likely be the biggest change and as such will probably require a new cable atleast. The draw cycle will be different but how harsh it will be will depend on how radical the letoff radius is. The tighter the angle the harder the cam will be on cables and the harsher the draw will be. Knowing Ross it will probably blend well, holding weight higher through the draw but decreasing to the tight angle at the letoff such that the draw will still be smooth but require more effort than the current cam.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Where did you hear this from? I talked to Mike in sales yesterday and he said there wasn't going to be any changes.

·
Primum Non Nocere
6,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I would call Mike back and verify that. I talked to a man at Ross on Monday and asked if the rumor was true and he told me it was indeed and we would see the new cam in 2007. He told me there would be no changes to the bows, only the optional cam. I do not remember his name as I don't know those folks very well yet. We just became a dealer this month and so far I am impressed with their products and service. Double check and let us know what you hear. I could be mis-informed but my question was direct and I even asked for the IBO speed which he provided.

·
Registered
527 Posts
ok, here's the deal. I just got off the phone with mike at ross. THey've had at least 5 calls today about this question from this site and only this site. What I can say is their IS NOT a interchangable cam. But their will be a new bow that is released at the ata show. Also no one their has released any specs on it. SO, Guys, lets stop spreading rumors about it and getting each other worked up about.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
esven89 ok, here's the deal. I just got off the phone with mike at ross. THey've had at least 5 calls today about this question from this site and only this site. What I can say is their IS NOT a interchangable cam. But their will be a new bow that is released at the ata show. Also no one their has released any specs on it. SO, Guys, lets stop spreading rumors about it and getting each other worked up about.

I was told pretty much the exact story after my local dealer called and talked to Ross today.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
esven89 said:
ok, here's the deal. I just got off the phone with mike at ross. THey've had at least 5 calls today about this question from this site and only this site. What I can say is their IS NOT a interchangable cam. But their will be a new bow that is released at the ata show. Also no one their has released any specs on it. SO, Guys, lets stop spreading rumors about it and getting each other worked up about.

I was told this exact story after my local dealer called Ross today.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
....bummer....

ok ROSS, we want an retrofit cam that uses same string length, same idler wheel and picks up 20-30 fps.... all the while keeping the same smooth draw cycle:darkbeer: .... come on thats not too much to ask for?:teeth: ....

·
Primum Non Nocere
6,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
esven89 said:

First of all let me state that I AM NOT SPREADING RUMORS but was simply spreading the good news or so I thought. This information was not third party and was told to me directly by whomever I spoke with at Ross. I apologize for getting everyones hopes up as I too was excited. I am still excited at the prospect of this new bow being released and am looking forward to its arrival. I did ask for an IBO and was told 315-320 but now do not know if this is true. Obviously I do take personal offense to the "spreading rumors" reply and do not involve myself in this type of behaviour ever. I do apologize for this misleading information but thought I was in the right. Lets all look forward to this new bow and hope that we now have an even better 3D prospect from Ross.

·
roll tide roll!
3,652 Posts
yeah they are gonna be better .....but!the cam ramp is gonna be different.... so dont be surprised if there not quite as smooth

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
I am :RockOn: EAGERLY :RockOn: waiting for Ross and Bowtech 07 lines to come out like othes..........but you gotta understand, these company's are not gonna let the cat out of the bag before the bows can even get the "run thru".
It's like giving away your secret recipe for the pie bake-off just to have someone make your "your pie" at the same contest :wink:

Maybe someone at these companys are giving a lil juice out and the others are doing the "right thing" and keeping it under wraps till they are good and ready.

·
Registered
527 Posts
no offense mtmedic, you were just told the wrong info, and i'm sorry i said you were spreading rumors

1 - 20 of 35 Posts