Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Vendor
27,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We at Third Hand Archery just put together a package specifically for Saddle Hunters. The package includes the Accessory Belt a $12 value, Hip Clip a $12 value, a Kentucky multi-hook a $12 value, and a Kentucky Bow Rope a $7 value. $42 dollar value now for $30 plus mailing.
The Accessory belt and Hip clip together make a great, easy-to-use bow sling. Use it to take the bow to and from the hunt, while scouting or tracking. The accessory belt is great for keeping your quiver, bino's, rangefinder, and backpack while in the tree. One can use the multi-hook on the bow rope to lift climbing rails, a backpack, or even the bow. The multi-hook attached to the accessory belt makes a great bow hanger right in front of the hunter.
Wood Tree Grass Trunk Motor vehicle

·
Vendor
27,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Saddle hunting has been around for about 25 years and is finally starting to catch on quickly. Curious how many here saddle hunt. If you do please reply. If you don't please don't reply.
Thanks in advance. :giggle:

·
Vendor
1,847 Posts
Thought about giving it a try but i don't think my knees could take it. I know for a fact that i would constantly be moving & i rifle hunt as well & don't know how that would work . Im def open to tips & suggestions.

·
Vendor
27,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not looking for a lot of negatives here on this thread. If you do not saddle hunt, please don't respond. I'm going to be asking for more suggestions from those who actually do saddle hunt.:geek:

·
Vendor
27,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In what country are these products made?
All parts are made in the USA and assembled in my basement for the past 25+ years. Thank you for asking. (y)

·
Vendor
27,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the reply bucco. Just curious if you don't mind. Have you tried the multi-hook on the accessory belt for a bow holder? It does work well. The reason I ask is most saddle hunters I've talked with, which isn't a whole lot, want to be minimalist. The multi-hook serves many purposes from holding your bow, to picking gear up off the ground, even throwing it over a limb to get it out of the way.
Can you post up a picture of the 3D printed one? Maybe I can get some Idea on how to incorporate it with the multi-hook. :giggle:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I saddle hunt. It’s become my preferred method if I’m not hunting one of the elevated blinds. I enjoy the ability to select a tree on the hunter friendly side of the wind each trip that a fixed stand doesn’t offer. I also have a bit of trouble with poachers using out fixed stands so the less I leave up the better. We have a lot of trees that are friendly to saddles. A climber would have been ok for most of the same trees but I thought saddle hunting looked more interesting. I love the ability to both stand/lean and sit depending on how I’m feelings. I’m much less fidgety when I swap between the two than stuck with one and get uncomfortable. A good gear mount setup is a huge plus. Everything easily accessible but not in the way makes a huge difference, especially when it’s go time. This looks like a solid option and is less than some of the import options belt alone.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Exclusively saddle hunt. Will look into the kit and holder as the accy strap I am currently using isn't optimal. Do not like having a backpack up in the tree. One more thing to shoot around.

·
Vendor
27,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Exclusively saddle hunt. Will look into the kit and holder as the accy strap I am currently using isn't optimal. Do not like having a backpack up in the tree. One more thing to shoot around.
I agree a backpack can get in the way. Just a little information on the accessory belt. It is 5' long so pretty much if you can get your arms around the tree it should work. The hooks are easily moveable so if you want you can hang the backpack on the back side of the tree out of the way. Never know when you might need something out of it.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Thanks for the reply bucco. Just curious if you don't mind. Have you tried the multi-hook on the accessory belt for a bow holder? It does work well. The reason I ask is most saddle hunters I've talked with, which isn't a whole lot, want to be minimalist. The multi-hook serves many purposes from holding your bow, to picking gear up off the ground, even throwing it over a limb to get it out of the way.
Can you post up a picture of the 3D printed one? Maybe I can get some Idea on how to incorporate it with the multi-hook. :giggle:
I don't own one the multi hook so I have not tried it. Let me see if I can dig up a pic of my current holder.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I was a long time climber hunter that has all of your climber products and I switched over to saddle hunting, I want to say Spring turkey season 2021.

One product suggestion I'll throw out there is something better than a strap with a cam buckle to carry the sticks. Sticks don't connect to a backpack well for me so I have a choice - strap them to my backpack the best I can and carry my bow in a sling or put my bow on the backpack and carry the sticks. I don't care for wrapping a cam strap around them and carrying them by a 2-3' tag end of the strap.

·
BowhunterT100
6,924 Posts
I saddle hunt and have used your accessory belt. I use a 3D printed bow holder on it. Might be worth looking into a dedicated bow holder for this package.
I do this as well!!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Retriever have you tried putting your back pack down around thigh level. Basically if you sit with knees on tree like I do a lot it is just above them and when you slip up into a standing position to pivot it is down below shot line. Unless of course they are right under you.

·
Vendor
27,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
While on the way to and from the stand the Accessory Belt and Hip clip together to make a great bow sling. The bow can be put on and taken off easily with one hand.
Camouflage Vertebrate Military camouflage Plant Military person

1 - 20 of 38 Posts