Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured this would be the best place to put this question so here it goes. Im looking at buying a new Scope setup for my Elite GTO. I want a 6x and it will be used for indoor spots @ 20yds. I would like it to be as clear as it can. Any opinions and suggestions? Also what sight bar? Copper John? Shybuyoia? Thanks

· Registered
4,477 Posts
I went to a True-Spot lens a few years ago. It took a little getting used to but now it's all I use for indoor and outdoor target. It's clear and I can focus on what I am trying to hit. There are lots of good lens' out there. You just have to find the one you are comfortable with and is compatible with your eyes.

· Registered
968 Posts
Well I shoot Specialty Archery Super scope. The reason for that is because they have many different lenses for them to change out for the different shooting situations that I can shoot in. For outdoor I shoot a 4x center glow lens on my Copper John ANTS Evo 2. Indoor I am thinking of going to 6x standard lens with center dot and a circle on the lens.

· Registered
9,673 Posts
For indoor lenses, I love the True Spot. Totally "new" concept of aiming for me, but once it clicked, haven't wanted to change. There are some other similar lenses and concepts, but my preference is the TS. I like the 6x the best. Have lenses in both the 1/4" and 3/8" grinds. Prefer the 1/4".

For scope housings, big fields of view aren't necessary. Currently I am using a Classic large scope housing. Has approximately 1 1/4" fov. My biggest concern is getting the housing to center in my peep, with the size of peep I like, for the different lighting conditions that exist indoors.

Sight bars are a personal preference too. Currently I am using an Axcels, which I haven't had any problems with, and like better than the others I have tried, which include Toxonics, Sure Loc, Copper John and Shibuya. Doesn't mean any of the others are bad, I just prefer the Axcel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.