Archery Talk Forum banner

New Scoring Software Coming Soon

1347 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  pragmatic_lee
Hey All,

Yazman and I teaming up to build a new standard in league scoring software specifically for Archery. He's the brains behind the archery leagues and dealership and I'm the programmer/analyst.

Why am I telling you this? Simple. We want your input and wish list to include in the software. I'm taking your input until March 31, 2009 and after that, production begins on April 1st with a target release date of May 1st, 2009.

Please email me directly at [email protected] with your input, ideas, suggestions, and questions. Everyone who offers a suggestion will be put in a drawing for a free copy of the software when the final product is released.

Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Katslod
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4,839 Posts
I assume you mean a program to help run leagues???

If so after running a league for the past 4 years the things that I'd like to see would be:
The ability to shoot teams or individual
The ability to change # of people / team
The ability to change handicap %
The ability to change # of weeks (ie: length)
The ability to change the round shot (ie: NFAA/NAA)
The ability to change how to score, meaning we shoot an NFAA 300 round and score the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd 20 arrows individually and then the 60 combined
The ability to change number of teams

I'd love to play with it once you get a rough draft complete.

· aka "5 Spot"
9,767 Posts
Good Question - Did you Get er Done?

Is it available yet?
I wouldn't put a lot of hope in hearing back from the OP. He got on AT back in March and started 8-9 threads on this and hasn't been back since. Having been a programmer myself since before that was such a thing as a "personal computer", this resembles way too many instances where someone "with a good idea", finds out all too soon that it is easier to "envision" something than it is to actually "produce" it.

· Registered
271 Posts
... this resembles way too many instances where someone "with a good idea", finds out all too soon that it is easier to "envision" something than it is to actually "produce" it.
Aint that the truth!!

Just because you can download VBExpress does not mean that the "Software Gravy Train" is a few key strokes away.

· aka "5 Spot"
9,767 Posts
Aint that the truth!!

Just because you can download VBExpress does not mean that the "Software Gravy Train" is a few key strokes away.
And I bet you remember that when the "PC" first hit the market every one came with GWBasic installed and you could "instantly" write your own programs. How'd that turn out. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.