Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it was opening weekend in KY this saturday, and I was using the new scorpion mechanicals by nap. they did not let me down,I got my biggest buck with a bow using them, at 35yard it penetrated the deer catching a rib on the entrance the lungs and another rib onthe exit and still passed through. I was very impressed with the arrow flight, the cutting dia, and the penetration. Highly recomend these broadheads

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
pureluck, what is your set up? Bow, arrows, broadheads?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Congrats on the bowkill. Sounds like a nice trophy. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown :D

·
Registered
488 Posts
Thats great Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HI , that's great:D I asked 5shot to do a test on these heads for me,so i sent him a pack of them and he tested them and did really good so i bought some and then i was just wondering how they would do on deer and now you answered that question for me.What was your set up? I will be shooting a Mathews LX at 70lb, 27" DL and arrows cut to 27.5" using ICS 400 Hunter with 2 degree right offset and using NAP Scorpion XP 100 broadheads, I would think i will be ok shooting them with my set up.My opening season don't start until my birthday 9/27 so am glade someone used them and like them. What size hole's did it make on both enter and exit.keep us posted if you get more with the Scorpion's.

:)

·
Registered
176 Posts
congrats

CONGRATS on the bowkill,why don't you post and tell us some details!My season starts saturday and i am jonesing to get in the woods!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
scorpions

Hey guys, thanks for the congrats, my set up is an Icon 28.5 draw
shooting 62#, with 28.75' ics 400s, using the xp100 scorpions.
glad to hear some other people are going to be using them, I dont think you will be disipointed. keep me posted on how your season goes using them.

GOOD LUCK!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts