Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I guess the fight is on for a new shop here in the north metro. I will be opening a shop as well in Ramsey. I too worked for the Sportsman's Warehouse for like 7 years many of you know me my name is Randy. I do not intend on getting a bow line nor having shelves of product. I do intend on keeping my friends and fellow archers happy thought.

See it went down like this. I was working at the Gander Mountain Fridley when Archery Experts closed the doors. I knew that it would be a great time to start a shop cause no more Compound Dr. and no more experts ment that the city was in need of a good shop. Then I heard about this store in St. Cloud that was going to open in the cities Called the Sportsman's Warehouse so I checked them out. I was kinda scared cause the box stores have never been known to service bows well. When I walked in the counter was deep with customers and I knew it would be easy to get a job there cause they needed help. I walked up to the counter and started selling product with the guy, that was swamped. I sold a pse nova to a guy in line and then asked the employee where I could get an aplication. I started the next day.

Now with hard times, new box stores. and the Sportsman's closing this makes me sad, cause I loved that place. I have made many friends while working there and at the other shops that I have worked at. I would like to help those customers, purely cause I love the sport. I always thought that the Compound Dr. was the coolest shop. They new there stuff and never charged for the little things. I always tried to treat my customers that way. That is why there is a place for me in this sport.

I have a 40X26 garage in my back yard that will serve as my shop. I bought all the draw mod from both St. Cloud and Woodbury Sportsman's stores. I have an Apple pro press with the ability to press all bows. I also got a arrow saw, paper tuner, and everything else needed to work on bows.

So here is what I do, You contact me, come over and I work on your stuff for free. That's right free D loops, serving, string changes, mod swaps, arrow cutting, tune ups, and much more. You got a bad paper tear? Bring it over I'll fix it FREE. What sounds to good to be true. Nope it's true. I love this stuff so much it's free. I needed my own equipment anyway. The shop was already there. The hope is that if you all come some day, when the economy come back, I will open up a store of my own.

Randy Hermann

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Are you looking for a used bow?

Are you looking for a used bow? Whether it be your first bow or just upgrading I can help. I have my own personal shop at my house with all the state of the art equipment for archery service. I have many draw mods for Bowtech, Ross, PSE, Martin, Parker, Alpine, and Diamond bows. With 17 years experiance in the business I can help you find the right bow for the right price, then set it up to shoot the best it can for you. The best part is I don't charge a penny. Yep a free aid to make sure you are buying the right bow for you.

Randy
<a href="http://www.randyoutdoors.com/">www.randyoutdoors.com</a>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts