Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on a new fiber optic sight on a new bow and now I'm having trouble getting the left/right to come out the same on all three pins. I've done the walkback tuning using one pin at 10, 15, and 20 yards and everything lines up. My problem is when shooting at 20 yards (middle pin) the grouping is about three inches off from my 10 yard pin. The 30 yard pin's grouping is closer to center (about 1-2 inches) , but the 10 yard pin is dead on. I'm confused about why the other pins aren't shooting with the 10 yard pin after doing the walkback. The only individual pin adjustment is elevation. Since I'm still a newby, any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
You may have other issues such as spine , fletching contact, ect...
It will help to post your info, ie- bow, draw weight, draw length, arrow , ect...

·
Registered
431 Posts
First off the further you do the Walk back tune the more accurate it will be. 10-15-20yds is not much variation. 10-20-30yds or 20-30-40yds would give you better results. The other thing you want to make sure of is that the 2nd axis of your sight is level.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response! I'm shooting a PSE Bruin with 28" draw @70lbs. My arrows are 340 carbon with 100 grain fieldpoint shot through a whisker biscuit. Eventhough the bow was discontinued back in 2006 it was a leftover in my local shop and is brand new. As soon as I get a chance I'll try the 20,30,40 yard groups, hopefully this week. I'll post my results as soon as I can. Thanks again!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Walkback tuning out to 30 yards did the trick! Now everything is lined up great! I've got one other question now. Shooting groups at 40 yards I noticed the arrow flying in a circular pattern. Is that due to cheaper arrows (Easton Carbon ST Excel) or do I still have an alignment issue? There was a breeze blowing today, but I don't know if it would have that kind of effect on the arrow.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Circle

Walkback tuning out to 30 yards did the trick! Now everything is lined up great! I've got one other question now. Shooting groups at 40 yards I noticed the arrow flying in a circular pattern. Is that due to cheaper arrows (Easton Carbon ST Excel) or do I still have an alignment issue? There was a breeze blowing today, but I don't know if it would have that kind of effect on the arrow.
This comes up alot. I can assure you that its not barrel rolling. It is an optical illusion due to one different colored fletching.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts