Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting a new sight. I was thinking Spot Hogg or CBE. I like the idea of a multi-pin slider (which is what I currently have, MBG) but not limiting myself to that. This will be a hunting, backyard shooting bow only. So the spot hogg that I am interested in are Hogg Father, Boss Hogg, Tommy Hogg, and the 5 pin Hogg-It. What are the main differences in the 3 slider sights? Is one better than the other for hunting? And for CBE it is the Tek Hybrid. Which would you choose and why?

·
Banned
12 Posts
multi pin sights, hogg it all the way. target, while the hoggs are brutally strong, theyre heavy. for a target sight , of the 2, i would go CBE.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
The Father is what I had been using and other than being heavy I had no real complaints. If you are using a tight spot quiver you will have to add the special bracket or just install the standard bracket backwards and just live with it not being quite as tight to the bow.
The Tommy Hogg is an awesome sight.. bullet proof, and no concerns about quiver mounting. Great hunting choice if you want a slider, the only draw back may be having to peek around the bow to adjust yardage because the wheel is forward, but it's really a non issue.
Boss hogg is the same as the Tommy hogg and Hogg father but with the wheel at the rear to make adjustments easier to see, drawback being it will not work with a sight mounted quiver.
I am also not really a fan of the scope mounted light on any of the spot hogs

I just bought a CBE Tek Hybrid and so far I really like it. Very well made, lighter than the Hogg Father, site tape on the inside of the frame making it easier to see, no quiver issues, and the light is in a more streamlined area that I just like better... so far I really like the CBE, But I am not selling the Hogg father just yet....

·
Registered
11,944 Posts
I would get the tommy over the cbe, the pins are not bright at all on the cbe compared to the mbg and spot hogg. I bought a pure gold, tommy hogg and tek hybrid this year.
I would rate the cbe a distant 3rd, the other 2 are neck and neck. the cbe is a nice sight, I just liked the other two a lot better.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Leaning more towards a 5-pin Hogg-It

9,034 Posts
Leaning more towards a 5-pin Hogg-It
I have 2 hogg-its and had them both turned from a 5 pin to a 3 pin....just do not like a clutter of pins. The spot hogg line is built very well...very well indeed. I have owned a hunter hogg-it and the hogg-its and the hogg-its win. Customer service is the best in the industry...they do take care of their customers and know how to keep you as a customer...that is a big bonus. Cheers!
Fred

1 - 7 of 7 Posts