Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this new peep with the tiny hood and interchangeable aperature sizes for indoor and outdoor target shooting? Does it offer improvement for you? Did they cure the problem of sharp string grooves cutting the string that they had a while back?
Thanks,
Jbird

·
Registered
291 Posts
Jay

Shot them on a couple of different bows (Merlin and Barnsdales) all summer-absolutely did what they claim with no ill effects. Reduced glare in the sun and indoors.

BT

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bruce

I think I will order a couple for Suzi and I.
Jbird

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Make sure you tie them in correctly jbird, I did a rush job on mine and the hood did a knife number on my string.
after retying it to specialtys recco I have no probs and really like it. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
I use them and have had no problems with strings; however, others have reported string damage. I would use some 600 grit s.paper to smooth up the groove.

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
jbird, I've also been using the peeps with no ill effects. If I recall, I didn't get mine set up until the outdoor season began (mid-April sometime, before the WAF Classic in Pitts) but it certainly seemed to help with glare for me. Never needed any shading on my peep this year anyway which is the first time I can recall being able to do so for an entire outdoor season.

Just remember to tie in per Specialty's instructions. And if you have problems following those, tie in above, below and a few wraps around the peep housing, but do not have the upper and lower tie-ins too close to the housing itself, maybe 1" to 3/4" away so the string angle around the peep isn't too severe. With the tie-ins well spaced and a few wraps around the peep it still will not move and the shouldn't cut the string. And if you really want to be careful, do as RSW suggested and lightly sand the edges in the groove. I didn't need to do so and have had no issues, but can't hurt either for extra insurance if worried.

Should work really well also for shooting under flo lights indoors. Seemed to work well in Pitts this past year anyway.

>>------>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts