Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently finished my first set of stabilizers and wanted to get some opinions. These are done in a silver carbon fiber rod with bare machined aluminum end caps. The silver rod is a carbon fiber rod, with an outer layer of fiberglass (To get the silver color). I will also offer a more common black carbon fiber rod as well as a few different color (anodized) end caps. I machined the end caps from bare 6061 aluminum myself. A finished 30" stabilizer weighs 5.3 oz. I am still testing these and plan to make weights also. So far they are working very well. Just wanted to get some opinions. I don't want to give away too much information regarding these as I am still testing them and trying different things and may start selling them beyond my local area. Thank you for your input and thanks for looking.

newstabs.jpg white bowtech.jpg

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to mention these are 100% made in the USA with 100% made in the USA materials. The carbon fiber and raw aluminum I use are made in the USA. The rest is made by myself on made in the USA equipment.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In the future I would like to design and make my own quick disconnects and side bar mounts. My end caps are threaded in 5/16 x 24 which is the same as the stabilizer mount on bows. This makes them compatible with most other manufacturers mounts and weights. Limbsaver on the end.

Those are really pretty. Are you making the mount too! Let me know when you get those done. What is on the front tip?

·
Beer Whisperer
11,233 Posts
Dang nice garage floor!!

·
Team 4 Play
17,306 Posts
Screw the bow and stabilizers, whatcha got riding on the fat rubber in the top left corner? My first guess woulda been Chevelle......

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Look very nice and professional. The floor is awesome too.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol! Everyone keeps commenting on the garage so I will post a couple pics. You are right Bnbfishin, 1970 SS454 LS6 Chevelle. I bought her when I was 14 years old. As you can see, I am very particular with all of my stuff. The same will be true if I start selling these stabilizers. It will be a high quality product at an affordable price.
chevelle.jpg garage.jpg

Screw the bow and stabilizers, whatcha got riding on the fat rubber in the top left corner? My first guess woulda been Chevelle......

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Nice stabs and your garage is very well setup.I like your bow area,clean and organized.I'm sure your attention to detail is translated into your work as well.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Lol! Everyone keeps commenting on the garage so I will post a couple pics. You are right Bnbfishin, 1970 SS454 LS6 Chevelle. I bought her when I was 14 years old. As you can see, I am very particular with all of my stuff. The same will be true if I start selling these stabilizers. It will be a high quality product at an affordable price.
View attachment 1626089 View attachment 1626091

i dont like you. but its purely a jealous reaction.LOL nice setup!

·
Team 4 Play
17,306 Posts
This part does not hold true with that car :D Good luck with the stabs. There is a local shop here that has been doing the same thing as you with the stabs for almost two years now. Yours look good and I'm sure you'd be able to sell a number of them. BTW I had a 69 as a teenager and I still to this day wish I had ditched my wife at the time instead of the car.
View attachment 1626089 View attachment 1626091

·
Registered
51,184 Posts
Very nice looking and I'm also jealous of the ride and the garage LOL. One thing to keep in mind if your intending selling these more than locally make sure your not stepping on someones patent.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
:mg: That car is gorgeous!!!!! :mg:
Those bars look awesome, I really like the silver weave look of the carbon. Those would look great on my bow, silver, black and blue is my theme. When you get ready to sell let me know, definitely interested.

·
Archery Addict
3,693 Posts
Car is gorgeous, Make me sad I sold a 68 Camaro when I was 19....Anyway, what is the rubber mats on the floor or is it a finished floor? I want to redo my shooting lane floor and that just looks cool.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts