Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting a new Buckslayer string on my Diamond Deploy. I'm keeping the same peep distance and D loop. All things equal, I don't think I'll have to recheck my sight tape. Is my logic correct?

·
Gold Supporting Archer
9,365 Posts
Not true !!!!

There will be no humanly way possible a different string will be exact as a old string.

Always check and recheck. Any change of any sort always has a affected result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
I guess I'm not human then. I've been able to restring multiple bows without anything, including the sight, change. It takes attention to detail and some forethought about what and how to do things.

Mark the cams on the bow. Measure everything. Put everything back as it was before the change and nothing will have changed. If you're not exact, you'll have to change the sight settings. I will admit that it takes a little more time than any shop I've ever been to would want to spend and if you're not building your own strings, it will be much harder to get things exact as even nock fit on the center serving can change things.

·
Registered
11,532 Posts
I have done it when I measured everything to make sure it was the same. I don’t do that most of the time. I usually put strings on and adjust cause I like tuning.

·
Registered
15,251 Posts
Yeah, I would check.

·
Hunter of many things
11,980 Posts
All things equal, I don't think I'll have to recheck my sight tape. Is my logic correct?
Any time you change something just take a minute and re-check your tune. It all depends on how good of measurements you took before your took your old strings off and how goo you are at tuning your new stuff in.

·
Socket Man
23,194 Posts
Overall if you had the bow tuned and the draw length and poundage are known and then you put on a new string set and put it back to those specs then more than likely your sight tape will be good to go because your speed and performance will be the same.

Don't just go out and fling a couple arrows and say it is totally screwed up. You must sight back in the bow after installing new strings and tuning it. Once you sight back in the bow with that sight tape at 60 yards then walk straight up to 20 and see if it is still dead on. That will tell you if the sight tape is good to go or not.

·
Registered
115 Posts
changed strings on 2 bows last month

my sons diamond elite no change at all to his sight

my vertix hit 3" right at 20 yrds and went 2 sight tapes faster

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I'm putting a new Buckslayer string on my Diamond Deploy. I'm keeping the same peep distance and D loop. All things equal, I don't think I'll have to recheck my sight tape. Is my logic correct?
It's pretty easy to put a bow back where it was so the first shot with the new strings is within an inch or two at 20. Having said that, it would be foolish not to recheck your marks because there are a lot of things from string to string that can affect performance/tune.

·
Registered
17,656 Posts
^ totally true!

·
Huntoholic
1,512 Posts
Replaced my factory zebra with a 60X and picked up a few FPS and had to change tape, would be best to check.

·
Gold Supporting Archer
9,365 Posts
I guess I'm not human then. I've been able to restring multiple bows without anything, including the sight, change. It takes attention to detail and some forethought about what and how to do things.

Mark the cams on the bow. Measure everything. Put everything back as it was before the change and nothing will have changed. If you're not exact, you'll have to change the sight settings. I will admit that it takes a little more time than any shop I've ever been to would want to spend and if you're not building your own strings, it will be much harder to get things exact as even nock fit on the center serving can change things.

I completely DOUBT every last word you wrote here. A simple 1/64th of an inch on any of your strings, or yokes will make a difference down range that will be exaggerated. I changed strings on 100 bows for God;s sake. I measure everything and always mark my cams orientation with white out. I get the bow into spec,checking for cam lean etc and paper tune. Upon achieving a bullethole ,I go to the range to walk back tune.

Sometimes i'm good, sometimes i'm high, others low. Normally the only things that doesn't change is east and west. I'll give you that. But if you are trying to BS us and say you can change a string with the PEFECT amount of twists on every length,,,,you may fool some people, but you aint fooling me and you aint hoodini neither.

Keep BS ing yourself youre that good. A string has twists upon twist,,,,duplication comes from exacting measurements which string material cannot replicate to another because they are custom done.

End of story.

·
Gold Supporting Archer
9,365 Posts
It's pretty easy to put a bow back where it was so the first shot with the new strings is within an inch or two at 20. Having said that, it would be foolish not to recheck your marks because there are a lot of things from string to string that can affect performance/tune.

Yes indeed,,and 1/2 inch @ 20 is how much @ 60 ??? LMFAO. You know what you are talking about. Strings are "custom" cut. No 2 pair are perfect, and the old one was stretched out. Plus, matreials may be different as well. Too many variables to get a bow to be bulletproof in all yardages. Easier to hit the Powerball lottery.

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
I completely DOUBT every last word you wrote here. A simple 1/64th of an inch on any of your strings, or yokes will make a difference down range that will be exaggerated. I changed strings on 100 bows for God;s sake. I measure everything and always mark my cams orientation with white out. I get the bow into spec,checking for cam lean etc and paper tune. Upon achieving a bullethole ,I go to the range to walk back tune.

Sometimes i'm good, sometimes i'm high, others low. Normally the only things that doesn't change is east and west. I'll give you that. But if you are trying to BS us and say you can change a string with the PEFECT amount of twists on every length,,,,you may fool some people, but you aint fooling me and you aint hoodini neither.

Keep BS ing yourself youre that good. A string has twists upon twist,,,,duplication comes from exacting measurements which string material cannot replicate to another because they are custom done.

End of story.
You can doubt all you want. Doesn't change what I do or what I've done. Like I said, it's hard to do and not many would take the time to do it. I also make my own strings and can control all the variables that you've mentioned make it impossible. If you're not building your own, chances are you can't do it but to say it's impossible is incorrect. Improbable? Sure. Impossible? No. I've done it so it's not impossible.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The only thing to do is to site in the bow. If the point of impact is the same, you are fine. Keep in mind that site tapes, to a degree, are determined by speed of the arrow. However there are other factors. The distance between pin and peep plays a role as well, but the variance should only occur if you are moving from one bow to another.

·
Gold Supporting Archer
9,365 Posts
You can doubt all you want. Doesn't change what I do or what I've done. Like I said, it's hard to do and not many would take the time to do it. I also make my own strings and can control all the variables that you've mentioned make it impossible. If you're not building your own, chances are you can't do it but to say it's impossible is incorrect. Improbable? Sure. Impossible? No. I've done it so it's not impossible.

You should be playing Powerball instead of tweaking strings with your luck.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts

End of story.
You obviously aren’t very good at what you do then. I can make a set of strings and cables for my prevails with everything matching from the exact poundage and draw length to the last 1/64th of an inch, and I’ve had the same sight tape for my outdoor arrows for the last 3 years the prevail has been out. I’ve had probably 10 sets with the same results.

Archery isn’t that hard

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
You obviously aren’t very good at what you do then. I can make a set of strings and cables for my prevails with everything matching from the exact poundage and draw length to the last 1/64th of an inch, and I’ve had the same sight tape for my outdoor arrows for the last 3 years the prevail has been out. I’ve had probably 10 sets with the same results.

Archery isn’t that hard
I already gave my opinion, but to address the issue of whether a bow can/will be precisely like it it was before a string change, nobody with a lick of common sense would go to Vegas with a new set of strings and start scoring having just changed their strings and never verified the POI, nor would anyone with any common sense go on a hunting trip with a new set of string having never verified POI before shooting at game. Yes, you can get it "close", but if a bow does not need at least some fine tuning after installing new strings, that involved some amount of "luck" as well as attention to detail.

·
Gold Supporting Archer
9,365 Posts

Archery isn’t that hard

You guys are so full of it, I just gotta stop dropping into the stupidity level.

Ok so you’re the worlds greatest string maker who can precisely cut your strings to perfection.

You think you’re the only guy who can read a tape measure ? I guess you do ?

But that’s just a START to making a set of strings.

Apparently you perfection string makers cut string to the millionth of an inch with the worlds greatest measuring device.

Great I don’t think you are the only one who does this ?

So you put them on to EXACTING match. You’re prefect because you have the secret weapon string material you e patented that won’t creep or stretch or need to be twisted.

But I forgot, you’re so good and I suuuck so bad, that you also place the same exact amount of twist in your string as the last set, that’s been stretched out, and prolly had to have some adjustments.

What is your string material you’ve patented that won’t move once you put them on.

There’s no sense debating with ridiculousness.

Always check your pins, your paper tune etc.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts