Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
bow nut
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a set of Vapor Trail string and cables on my Alphaelite. Before I took off the stock one's I had the cams marked at bh. I also ran it through the chrono and checked the dl and other specs. After swaping out the old one's The cams were way out with the top cam way behind at full draw. No big deal, a bunch of twists in the buss and some out of the control and every thing is back where I had it. My question is how is it so far out when the new strings are made to hoyt's specs?

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
did you measure both new and old string before you put the new ones on?,,,,, during the handling and packaging process its possible the string were twisted....

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Might sound silly.. but you had to put in twist in one, take out of another. Could you have put the two cables in the wrong cable slide slots? That would definitely cause it.
Buss cable should be farther away from the actual cable rod than the control cable.

Just a thought

Joe
ProLine BowStrings

·
World & National Champion
33,999 Posts
We get a handful of customers who order the control cable upto 1/4" longer then spec on hoyts. THe mfg specs aren't always right.

·
bow nut
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys. I got it all tuned up and shooting great. This bow is ready for the ny opener.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts