Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright got the new custom string on my 03 hoyt Ultatec cam 1/2 String=56.5, BC= 40/43.

Few more questions/issues.....
1. my ATA is now 38.25 when it SHOULD be only 37.75
2. wicked top cam lean (I am guessing this is what is causing the bad paper tuning-tear right)
3. bow is maxed out, used to be at 61lbs, is NOW is only 56lbs.

although the brace height is basically right though....so that is right at least.

Does anyone have any recommendations to get my 03 hoyt Ultatec cam 1/2 back to spec? I have read Javi's Cam Sync post but am still a bit confused.

twist cable(s) more? how much is too much? Twist string more/less? recommended twists per inch?

twist one side of yoke to get rid of lean (sight side)? I had floating yoke before so this static is kinda new to me, never had cam lean issues before.

The "pro shop" here is basically out of ideas....which is very frustrating. Not much of a pro shop (The shop where I bought the bow from is no longer in business)

Should I have them take everything off and try it again?

Any suggestion to get these new string and cables back to the factory specs for the bow I would really appreciate it.

thanks
Russ

·
Registered
424 Posts
1 - Make sure you have the right string/cable lengths for your bow year/model, and cam/limb/draw length combination.
2 - Measure your string and cables; pulled taut by hand they should measure exactly the same as the spec length. Add or remove twists to achieve this.
3 - Re-install on the bow. Axle to axle, brace, poundage and cam rotation should be really close. Adjust accordingly.
4 - Find a new pro shop/stringmaker.

·
Registered
115 Posts
new strings

hi big russ , i too have went threw javis instuctions and it took a little to understand but i am understanding it pretty good now. to answer the first question the buss cable controls the a2a , but you also need the boww maxed out and the draw leght module needs to be i think in the c postion to do this work. the twist per inch can vary but i think i have read that it is like 1-1 1/2 twist per inch is about normal but like i said it will vary. also use the tiller maesurments in stead of just the brace hieght , if the brace is off alittle it wont hurt also the same on the a2a +/- 1/4 may happen. also a draw board may help when it comes to checking the timing and cam sync . i have a 2005 ultra and i diid the same things your doing take your time reread javis intructions untill you get it and you should get it . i know what you mean about the pro shops not alot of shops truly understand cam timing and sync. i agree with # 4 from above post

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The string maker and strings are top notch. I have read nothing but good thins about them.

Now the "pro shop" is another story.

Thanks for the advice, I am going to have them put the bow in the press and I will hopefully take it from there. With the info I have obtained from reading and some quality advice, I should get this cleared up soon. Lesson learned: Just have a quality pro shop set the bow up to begin with. My local pro shop that I originally bought the bow from, was AWESOME, but closed up shop a few years ago, to a lot of people's dismay. There are some other shops that I can try.....further away, but may be worth gas and the driving time.

·
Registered
115 Posts
feel free to pm me if you still cant get it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts