Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered some new winner'schoice strings and cables for my am35 yesterday, speckled flor. green and speckled white. Got tired of having to time my cams every couple weeks. Top cam kept going out of time due to string stretch. Think those colors will look good on my blackriser/camo limbs??:cool:

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Maybe i'm confused...every couple weeks ??? You have rubber bands on your bow for strings ?? Are these Fuse strings that bad ??? Aren't these strings made with a few hundred pounds of pressure like all the other name brands, even the custom string makers on here ??? I think everyone uses the stretch excuse to get new strings. I still have the original strings on my Xtec, and there isn't anything wrong with them. NOTHING !! I think it's more of a "look what I got", aren't you guys jealous, envy issue. Everyone trying to be "one up" on the next guy. If it's not, then how come your asking if they will look ok with your camo/color bow. It's like your getting pre-approved from everybody before you buy so you don't get the wrong color. Whatever....:thumbs_do

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Maybe i'm confused...every couple weeks ??? You have rubber bands on your bow for strings ?? Are these Fuse strings that bad ??? Aren't these strings made with a few hundred pounds of pressure like all the other name brands, even the custom string makers on here ??? I think everyone uses the stretch excuse to get new strings. I still have the original strings on my Xtec, and there isn't anything wrong with them. NOTHING !! I think it's more of a "look what I got", aren't you guys jealous, envy issue. Everyone trying to be "one up" on the next guy. If it's not, then how come your asking if they will look ok with your camo/color bow. It's like your getting pre-approved from everybody before you buy so you don't get the wrong color. Whatever....:thumbs_do
Lol. Hi. How is your day going. You seem like pleasant fellow:thumbs_do

Im not sure who you are referring to about the changing strings every few weeks??? Maybe it was b/c i said "looked" when i was referring to my AM35. If so, you obviously took that one out of context, b/c i meant "looked" b/c i no longer have that bow. So "looked" = past tense not b/c it has different strings, but b/c i dont see it anymore b/c its not mine.

Anyways... If he is getting a black/camo bow he obviously cares what his bow looks like. Rightfully so, since hes paid 700+ dollars for it:rolleyes:

Have you felt a new Fuse string lately??? Guess not or you would have known how waxy they are from the factory which makes them tougher to tune. The servings are also junk on them as well b/c an AM lower cam modules burr will wear through the factory servings in less than 1000 shots (on both of the alphamaxes that i have had). but hey... what would i know.

If your x-tec strings are really that great, keep them. No one is telling you to jump aboard the band wagon.

Ive had 3 Hoyts from that era (ultra-mag, ultra-tec, protec) and those strings werent nearly as great as yours (even tho they are the same series of strings). My ultra-tecs strings were 2 years old and were a ton of twists out before i thru them in the trash. The bow also lost poundage etc, so saying they were fine would have been a lie, or an uneducated assumption.

Thanks for your modest opinion...

Derek

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Didn't say Montec changed his strings every couple weeks. I replied to him having to time his cams every two weeks. So these lower cam modules have a burr on them ??? Might have to post a pic for me to see that. Really !!! I'm not trying to be smart or anything. I wasn't trying to get people po'd at me. Just don't understand. Can't never get a strait answer to a question. It's always..."just because". I'm more interested in this "burr" On all lower cam modules or just yours ? You replaced the strings ? Or fix the burr and re-serve ??? Get rid of the bow because of burr ?? Again, I'm not getting the whole answer. Again, not trying to wizz you off, just trying to learn. Sometimes a person has to wizz someone off to get a detailed answer. I started to get that answer from you but only half of it. I appologize for ruffling your feathers. Just wondering why all the string swaps on these new bows.

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Posted a new thread to get some answers.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey hoythunter! Love the name by the way. I could care less about swapping strings as long as the strings that I have were good, but I'm a precision freak when it comes to shooting my bow. I've had my cams timed 3 times since I've had it. It might not be out of time by much but still I can feel it in the wall at full draw. My top cam is what has been going out of time also not allowing the cam to fully rollover making the bow ready to rip your arm off if your not holding against it good. The burr that was mentioned on the bottom cam is a defect that the first however many alphamax's had that caused wear and serving seperation. My katera last year had the same problem with the bottom cam. Don't understand why you got so upset of someone changing there strings still yet though, and yes I do care what my bow looks like don't you??? If you didn't then you wouldn't have bought a hoyt!!:wink: Peace out yo!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts