Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ebayed a bateman tab . bateman apparently has a minimum$$$ figure ,i saw this tab on ebay and it was lower than batemans minimum so i bought it . i shot a half dozen shots with it ,it feels like having a piece of lattice strip on my fingers compared to old [cavalier?] tab with which i really felt the string . this isn't a complaint just a comparative statement . i suspect i'm going to end up with a smoother release with this tab because i think with other tab the string may have been dragging across it a little . more to come after some more shots . . ..peace

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Tab

If it is a 2 layer tab, I trim off the second backing and just shoot with the one layer of cordavan to get a better string feel.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shot a couple dozen more this morning and found that where spacer meets tab pinches my finger . my other tab the inner leather wraps up side of felt spacer block making it more comfortable . still feel the bateman gives me a cleaner release .

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
paid $16 for this tab and have app. 40 shots with it . if anyone is interested i'd be happy to sell it .

·
Registered
627 Posts
Bateman's tabs are good tabs but I think there are some that are more forgiving, and I say that from experience. I actually think the most accurate tab for fingers is a broken in calf hair tab like Neet offers. Just my opinion but faster isn't always more accurate.

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
Bateman's tabs are good tabs but I think there are some that are more forgiving, and I say that from experience. I actually think the most accurate tab for fingers is a broken in calf hair tab like Neet offers. Just my opinion but faster isn't always more accurate.
Only tab I shoot.:thumbs_up

·
barebower
766 Posts
dont think bateman tabs are available here. nice website they have, great variety to choose from. i like calf hair tabs with a spacer, and have just bought my second one. i wore the hair off the upper finger edge where the string formed a groove, possibly because i shoot 2 very small fingers under with 34'' ata bow and 25'' draw. could also be that it cost $18 australian dollars, the cheapest available. shot hundreds of arrows with it though. have yet to find how they go when shooting in the rain.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I have used a few different tabs but always come back to the calf hair one....imo their the most accurate....Dave

·
Registered
627 Posts
I do use the Bateman tabs for hunting as they are more consistent when wet than a calf hair. I wouldn't use anything else for hunting. But if I want to pinwheel Bigfoot in Redding I would use a calf hair tab.:wink:

·
Civil but Disobedient
7,112 Posts
I shoot Bateman tabs and really like them. It is a small company with nice folks. I have noticed that I scatter arrows until I get them broken in. The finger spacers are also very hard to replace. I received some extras from Bateman with instructions on how to customize pliers so that they can be used to insert the spacers. I have not been successful yet. I just broke the spacer on my second one last weekend and am shooting without the spacer until I can get mine fixed. My concern is that I have two well broken in tabs without spacers. I do not want to start breaking in another until the offseason.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the spacer is my main problem . the sides of my fingers get pinched in the little corner where the spacer meets the tab . my other tab [think i said it was cavalier but i'm sure it is really a ''neet'' ] has a felt like spacer and the inner layer of tab wraps up the side so that there isn't a way to pinch finger in a corner . i'd like to shoot this tab [the bateman] more to see if i like the cordovan [other tab is hairy] but don't like the pinching of it . . .peace

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Where can I buy a new tab? I have not shot fingers for years but really want to start again. I still have a calf hair tab but want a new one as the one I have is old and was cut down to fit me. I think it was a large or even extra large.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Where can I buy a new tab? I have not shot fingers for years but really want to start again. I still have a calf hair tab but want a new one as the one I have is old and was cut down to fit me. I think it was a large or even extra large.
EW Bateman sells good tabs. Some folks do not like them, but that is what I am shooting now and in the past. They are durable and if you want calf hair he will make you one with it. I shot with him this weekend, and he sold me a 2 finger tab that is my primary tab now. One of the guys at the shoot has been shooting a bateman tab for 25 yrs and just had the elastic replaced a year ago. Quality product just like his quivers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts