Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my new HLX in the mail yesterday, watched the video, read the instructions, and put it together. Let me start off by saying David from wyvern creations is a top notch guy. He spent 40 min on the phone with me on his dime, and explained all the options and accesories available. We even went over fairly extensive equipment reviews. Thanks David! I did not have much time to shoot as I had to tend to a 2 and 4 year old's dinner, but I did manage to shoot it three times. First two shots were at twenty yards one freehand and one on a rest. freehand shot was high and left about an inch, the shot off the rest was dead on! This was out of the box with no adjustments. I stepped back to thirty yards and laid the bow on a rest and squeezed off a shot and again it was dead on! About that time my two year old was ready to get down from the dinner table and her plate went flyin! I was done shootin, but I was extremely impressed to say the least. I was expecting an eye relief issue from the scope but did not have any problems. (i picked up a titan tl7 at the store and there was some problems getting settled in) The finish is nice and the feel is better. I did have some problems with the threads in the stock where the bow attaches, I had to clean up the threads a little to get the screw to go in. But other than that I had no problems. Cant wait to shoot some more. Great job Ten Point, This is one nice bow! BTW I am replacing a 10 year old horton super mag and there is no comparison!!!

·
Registered
983 Posts
New x-bow

Congrats on your new bow; ten point is putting out some wicked x-bows; I shoot the excaliburs but ten point are great bows as well; good luck this season..:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Arnt you glad you didnt buy it from Cabelas,bet they wouldnt spend the time
with you like he did,you cant beat his customer service!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
xbow

my brother in law,and good friend both bought that model couple weeks ago and love there xbows.my budy really queited his down with a kit.great xbow.if i had not bought my excalibur,this is the one i would have bought.

ps Dave is a great guy to buy from

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Good crossbow. I have a Titan TL-7 for hunting and a Titan TL-9 for 3D archery. I like what I bought. I'm haveing alot more fun shooting a crossbow. The crossbow is a deer killer and it's great for 3D archery. I don't have any problems with the crossbow. :darkbeer:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts